Last week I wrote about my picks for Top Disney Springs Dining Spots, and it got me to thinking more about Disney Food…oh who are we kidding, I am almost always thinking about Disney Food – there is just so much of it and it’s all so amazing! But when it comes to picking the best of the best, there are definitely some that stand out above the rest.
So read on to find out my Top Disney World Theme Park Dining Spots:
- Crystal Palace: This is hands down my favorite place to eat in the Magic Kingdom (maybe even in all of WDW!). It’s a buffet that serves up breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, and it’s also a CHARACTER meal – Winnie The Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore circulate for hugs, autographs and photo ops while you dine on some deliciously fresh eats. Pooh’s Breakfast Lasagna is a must have for breakfast, and you’ll want to make sure you grab some fresh roasted meats from the carving stations at lunch and dinner. It’s a hit for those of all ages – great food, great characters, and it’s in a GREAT location too right on the main drag of Main Street USA!
- Sunshine Seasons: You’ll find this fast-casual dining spot over in Epcot’s Future World – right inside the Land pavilion. I think what I love about this is that when most people think of “fast” food, things like burgers and chicken nuggets come to mind – but that is SO NOT the case here. You can smell the Rotisserie chickens the second you walk into the ordering area, and you can see the chefs bustle around as they prepare salads, Asian stir fry, southwest chicken wraps, and so much more. There’s a huge variety, and everything is fresh and made to order
Pro Tip – try and eat here at an “off” time (ie – not right at the NOON lunch rush) to avoid the huge crowds
- Starring Roles Café: I’ve got two words for you: BAKED GOODS. And if you’re thinking “ok, well, a cupcake can’t be a meal” – then not only are you WRONG, but you have also obviously never grabbed a bite at Starring Roles! Their bakery case is truly a sight to behold – I must always resist the urge to order 3 of everything (1 of everything is plenty!), and once I get my food, I can people watch from the adorable outside terrace/seating area. Sandwiches and assorted sushi are on the menu for lunch and dinner, but like I said – the true “Star” here is the bakery case – the Butterfinger Cupcake is a personal favorite, but they have plenty of other stuff too – turnovers, tarts, croissants, muffins, cinnamon rolls, and so much more! My advice is to skip lunch and go straight to Starring Roles for dessert
- Tusker House Restaurant: Another character meal has made my list of top picks – what can I say – I’m just a kid at heart, who loves pairing character hugs with outstanding cuisine (nothing wrong with that, right?). Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all served here buffet style, and you’ll find a lot of typical American fare, but they also serve up a lot of African inspired dishes – the Bobotie is a must try, as are the assorted rice/salad dishes. It’s a great place to try something new, for sure. Oh – and Donald and pals are there too – dressed in their safari gear! It’s a great chance to get some unique photos with characters for sure!
As always, I highly recommend you utilize ADR’s (or Advance Dining Reservations for any and all table service meals – and for those of you unfamiliar with that process, click here for more info!)
Now that I have shared MY faves with you, I would love to know what YOU think – where do you love to eat at each of the WDW Parks?
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Latest posts by Catie (see all)
- Disney World Character Meal Tips with Toddlers - March 22, 2017
- Tips for Traveling to Disney World with your WHOLE Family - March 14, 2017
- Do it yourself with these Delicious Disney Desserts! - March 14, 2017