Despite what you may think, there are things to do at Disney that don’t require park tickets. Believe it or not, you can have a fun day at Walt Disney World packed full of Disney magic without ever passing through a turnstile. How?
Check out my Top 5 Things To Do at Disney World Without Tickets to find out!
1. Downtown Disney-Downtown Disney offers LOTS of shopping and dining! I can easily spend hours here wanding through the World of Disney, Trend-D, and the Art of Disney Kids will also enjoy Once Upon a Toy store, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and the giant Lego store with lego statues representing Disney characters and even a family visiting Disney World! There’s also entertainment here at night which you can particpate in! Check out Guide to Downtown Disney – “Must-Sees’ for First Timers for more info!
2. Resort Hop-For a full, yet relaxing day, hop aboard the Monorail and visit some of Disney’s deluxe resorts to check out their magnificent lobbies, restaurants, shops, views, decor, and Hidden Mickeys! They are also a great place for photo ops! You can board a ferry and visit both Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge, or walk from Epcot to the Yacht and Beach Club and the Boardwalk for some beautiful views, seaside decor, and dining. Check out Chip’s series of Resort Hopping 101 here.
3. Pool Time-Every Disney Resort offers great pools, usually several per resort! You can easily spend hours relaxing by the pool and going for a swim on a hot day!
4. The Boardwalk-Located next door to Epcot and across the water from the Yacht and Beach Club, the Boardwalk offers a resort, restaurants, entertainment, sweet treats, shopping, and more! My favorite time to visit the Boardwalk is in the evening where you can enjoy some Boardwalk games and the live entertainment!
5. Resort Activities-Most Disney resorts have tons of things to do and see that you may not be aware of. For example, at many of the resorts, you can take advantage of the watercraft available for a cruise or a fishing excursion. You can also rent a surrey bike and tour the resort grounds with your family! There’s also the torch-lighting ceremony at the Polynesian, live music in the Grand Floridian’s lobby, spas, and hammocks on the beach! You can also take a tour of Wilderness Lodge, watch the roaming animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge, or visit Fort Wilderness to pet and ride the horses at Tri-Circle-D Ranch or challenge your family to a game of checkers. For more resort activities, ask a Cast Member or visit the concierge desk at your resort for a list and times!
Taking a day off from the parks and taking advantage of these activities are both enjoyable and beneficial. Not only do they offer magical experiences, but they are also great for guests who have been rushing around the parks and need a slower pace. This is especially true for little princes and princesses, seniors, and tired parents! A day without tickets can also be great for your wallet and your vacation budget!
- Walt Disney World Resort Refurbishments Update for April 2013 (chipandco.com)