One of my favorite times of the year to go to Disney World is the spring, not just because the weather is amazing and the crowds are lower at that time of year but because this is the time of year for THE EPCOT FLOWER AND GARDEN FESTIVAL! If you are unsure of what this festival is or have never been there before you are definitely missing out! Here are my top 5 reasons for loving the Flower and Garden Festival:
5. Education – in true Epcot tradition there is some learning involved in the entertainment. There are educational designer presentations and themed flower and garden displays where you can learn new techniques and tips for your home gardens.
4. Children play areas – you can find areas for your children to play and learn about gardening here. You can fill bottles with sand, play in dirt and children can learn why keeping the earth green is important!
3. Butterflies – there is a butterfly green house! Being from the big city there are times I go years without seeing a single butterfly so this area is special to me. I love seeing all types of beautiful butterfly flying around, this makes me happy.
2. Live Performances – The Garden Rock concert series has live performances by rock stars from 4 different decades, the list for this year has not yet be put out but check back with Chip and Co to find out who will be performing this year!
1. Disney Topiary Displays – Unless you see this it is hard to explain how amazing these displays are. All of the Disney characters are represented and they are beautifully done. Some of them in just green bushes, some are colorful, all are amazing to look at or take pictures with.
Besides all of the reason I have mentioned above there is also outdoor kitchens and refreshing drinks throughout Epcot for you to try out some new foods. The festival will be running March 2, 2016 – May 30th 2016, 90 days this year as opposed to the 75 it normally runs!
Have you been to the Flower & Garden Festival? Have I missed something you loved?
Would you like to attend this year? Contact me, my name is Karen Asaro I’m a travel agent with World of Magic Travel and a writer for Chip and Co and Disney Addicts. I visit Disney World as often as possible to keep up to date with the latest going on throughout the world, if I’m not there I am planning my next trip! Let me help you plan your next trip you can email me or visit me on facebook for all the latest info!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!