Who doesn’t enjoy a good Disney movie? Disney movies give us memorable characters, terrific music, fantastic stories, and happy endings! Disney films are integral to the Disney company; and over the years, several Disney movies have been crucial to the company’s success! Interested? Check out my Top 5 list of the most crucial Disney movies!
1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs-I know, I know, Snow White’s kind of an obvious pick; but this film was so crucial to the future of Disney and the film industry as whole! Not only was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs the first animated feature film, but it was the first Disney movie; and next to the creation of Mickey Mouse, this film marked the launch of the Disney empire. And thank goodness for that! With those facts, this film is truly “the fairest of them all.”
2. Cinderella-Cinderella was Disney’s first major film since the box office slump of World War II. In fact, rumor has it that Disney would have gone under if Cinderella hadn’t been a success! Talk about pressure! Fortunately, Cinderella was most definitely a success. Not only did it fuel the Disney Company to further greatness, but it became one of the most iconic Disney movies of all time. Big Cinderella fan? Read about Cinderella Castle Suite inside of Walt Disney World’s Cinderella Castle here!
3. The Little Mermaid-When The Little Mermaid debuted in 1989, it launched an era which is referred to as “The Disney Renaissance.” Since Walt Disney’s death, Disney films had failed to live up to the company’s previous successes; but with The Little Mermaid, Disney regained its former glory and marked the beginning of a string of new classics. Because it was such a breakthrough, The Little Mermaid is definitely one of the most crucial Disney films.
4. Toy Story-In 1995, Disney and Pixar released the first movie made entirely by CGI. No one had ever seen anything like Toy Story; and with it’s major success, we were introduced to the wonderful world of Pixar. This film sparked a animation revolution! Therefore, for ushering in the Pixar era, Toy Story is one of the most important Disney movies in history. By the way, have you heard the rumors about Toy Story 4?
5. The Lion King-When The Lion King came to theaters in 1994, it brought a whole new meaning to the term “blockbuster.” The Lion King was not expected to be a success, and was a departure from many Disney films in that it was an original story; but it turned out to be one of the highest grossing animated movies ever and won numerous awards. Because of the low expectations, and the fact that it marked the epitome of the Disney Renaissance, The Lion King is definitely one of the most crucial Disney films.
So what do you think? Are any of these crucial Disney movies some of your favorites? What do you think Disney would be like today if any of these failed? Let us know!
- Movie Review: Winnie the Pooh
- Wednesday with Walt: Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale
- Souvenirs: One of My Favorite Shopping Spots (aglassslippervacation.com)