Walt Disney World isn’t just parks and resorts! If you haven’t spent some quality time shopping at Downtown Disney (soon to be renamed “Disney Springs”) you’re missing out. With 58 stores, restaurants that serve up quick service, sit down meals and desserts you’ll always have something to do. Plus it’s all rapidly expanding to offer even more places to shop. Set aside some time to browse the area, especially my Top 5 Favorite Shops!
- World of Disney– If this wasn’t my favorite I know you’d all be questioning my credibility! It’s the largest Disney merchandise store in the world. This wonder of the World has 12 rooms with everything from kitchenware to clothing to a location of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!
- Disney’s Days of Christmas– Regardless of a visit in May or December this shop is a must. You’ll be able to stock up on ornaments and accessories and stockings to deck your halls as you wish! Chose nearly any ornament sold in the store and you can have it expert and beautifully personalized for a fee on site. Quick tip: make this one of your first stops so you can have your order personalized while you shop and pick up your finished items later!
- The LEGO Store- Holy LEGOs. This place has so many options for purchase and play! Your kids can build at stations outside the store to “test out” some of the products. My favorite part of this spot is the amazing LEGO figures constructed outside. Get your picture taken by a larger-than-life sea serpent coming right out of the water or with Buzz and Woody- all built entirely of LEGOs!
- Goofy’s Candy Company- If you have a sweet tooth make sure this is on your shopping list! You can purchase prepackaged candies and novelties if you’re in a hurry or want to take items to go. However, the fun starts when you order from the custom menu! Items including gingerbread cookies, Rice Krispie treats, pretzels, apples or marshmallows. You then chose the dip- caramel, dark or milk chocolate- and then the topping! Crushed cookies, M&Ms, coconut and walnuts to name just a few.
- The Art of Disney- Though many items within this shop will be under the “Splurge List” there is always a chance to pick up a souvenir for a good price here. Limited edition prints, cels and figurines are all available here. If you would like a nice piece of art to add to your collection this is the place to go.
BONUS: Basin- You can’t walk through the Downtown Disney Marketplace without passing through Basin (if not a whole shopping spree!). You’ll find fabulous bath bombs, specially designed soaps, shampoos and all other things beauty here. You’ll feel like a million bucks just by walking through the doors!
With so many wonderful shops it’s hard to narrow down favorites! Where do you go first? Which ones do you pass by?
Autumn here, with World of Magic Travel! When I’m not reading, writing or thinking about Disney I’m planning trips for my clients! Contact me today to discuss your 2015 or even 2016 dream vacation! Email me or follow me on Facebook!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!