One of my favorite parts of our Disney vacations, is taking some time out to explore Downtown Disney. Food, entertainment, and shopping make up this area of Walt Disney World that is not to be missed. Downtown Disney is currently undergoing a transformation to become Disney Springs, which is going to be a bigger and better version of the Downtown Disney that we have grown to love. I love exploring all of the shops at Downtown Disney and here are my Top 5 ones that I hit each and every trip!!
5. Mickey’s Pantry- I love going into this store and checking out all the unique Disneyfied kitchen gear. From mugs to aprons to tea kettles to everything in between, you can definitely find the perfect gift for the Chef Mickey in your life (or yourself for that matter!). And goodies galore!! I always come home with at least one bag of Disney shaped pasta.
4. Goofy’s Candy Company- If your sweet tooth is anything like mine, then this is a not-to-be-missed shop! As a family, we love creating our own treats to share. Our son loves picking out the toppings and seeing our creation come to life. Did I mention how GOOD the treats are?!?! I also can’t resist the bulk bins. Candy also ways looks so much prettier and tasty in those bins.
3. Disney’s Days of Christmas- One of our family traditions is purchasing a Christmas ornament on each vacation we take. As you can probably imagine, we have A LOT of Disney ornaments on our tree! At Disney’s Days of Christmas, you are able to get in the holiday spirit no matter what time of year you visit. And, you are able to get your ornaments personalized on-site. We usually hit this store first, do the rest of our shopping/exploring, and then come back to pick up our personalized items. They also do a great job at packaging these delicate items to survive the trip back home. You can also find collectibles, santa hats, and Christmas stockings store, along with seasonal items for other holidays.
2. Basin- Oh Basin, how I love thee! Also located at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, this is the runner-up to my favorite store in Downtown Disney. This luxury bath store carries a wide variety of chemical-free soaps, salts, and bath bombs. I discovered this mecca on our last vacation when we were staying at the Grand Floridian and I’ll tell you what…taking a nice, hot bath with a relaxing bath bomb after a long day in the park was just the thing I needed to get me ready for the next day. These products ALWAYS make it home with me and are a special treat and reminder of my Disney days.
1. World of Disney- 10 oversized rooms of everything Disney….yes, PLEASE! This 50,000 square foot shop has just about everything and anything you can possibly want from Walt Disney World. Many of the items that are sold in the parks are able to be found here for one stop shopping. You will also find the second location of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique within the shop. We usually spend our entire trip making a wish list of souvenirs and then make our final decision here, as this is one of the last stops on our Disney vacation.
We usually like to spend an evening exploring this area of Walt Disney World, or, if we don’t have enough time for a park on our last day, we head over to Downtown Disney until it’s time for Disney’s Magical Express to whisk us back to the airport for our journey home. What are you favorite Downtown Disney stores?
I’d love to help you plan your next adventure aboard the Disney Cruise Line and make sure everything is in order for you trip. Email me at email@example.com to chat and follow me on Facebook to keep up with Disney updates!