It’s that time of year again! Fall! The air is crisp, the leaves are turning, and it’s time for visits to the pumpkin patch, hot apple cider, bonfires, and hayrides. If you happen to be visiting Walt Disney World during this time of year, we have some yummy suggestions for how to keep the fall spirit alive, even if you are in Central Florida. But beware! You may be drooling before you reach the end of this article!
5. S’mores Cupcake-Disney has become quite creative with their cupcake creations over the past few years; and I have heard that you can sample different variations of this sweet snack at several locations, such as Wilderness Lodge, the Grand Floridian, and even the Boardwalk Bakery. Regardless of which variation of the S’mores cupcake you sample, you will get a taste of those classic S’mores ingredients that you find around a bonfire this time of year.
4. Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup-This famous dish can be found at the popular Le Cellier Steakhouse at Epcot’s Canada pavilion; and with its smoky cheese and bacon flavor, you may never be the same after a taste!
3. Wilderness Waffle-At the Wilderness Lodge’s Whispering Canyon Cafe, you can a special special Mickey waffle creation, the Wilderness Waffle! This breakfast dish is made up of classic Mickey waffles with maple butter and candied pecans! A perfect sweet and cozy breakfast on a cool, fall morning, don’t you think?
2. Caramel Apples-At many of the bakeries at WDW, you can find this classic, fall treat done Disney style! In addition to the traditional caramel apple, you can also enjoy this snack covered with other goodies, including edible Mouse Ears!
1. Roaring Fork’s Chili-When you stop by Wilderness Lodge’s counter service spot, the Roaring Fork, try one of their cups of chili! It’s delicious! We recommend you try a cup when seated in a rocking chair next to the lodge’s Grand Canyon fireplace. A cozy way to enjoy a leisurely, crisp fall afternoon at WDW.
Are any of these fall foods your favorites?