When you have the Disney Dining Plan at Walt Disney World many times you want a certain reservation! Many of these reservations are very difficult to come by. Let’s take a look at some of the hardest reservations to get and talk about how we can get them for you and your family!
5. Chef Mickey’s at The Contemporary Resort: This beloved restaurant is one that families adore! Here you have the opportunity to dine with none other then, the Big Cheese himself, Mickey Mouse! This is an advanced dining reservation that fills up super fast! If you can not snag a dinner reservation be sure to check out breakfast or even an add on brunch menu at certain times of the year! Be sure to know ahead of time the characters your child / children wish to see. If this is booked up, check out various other character locations! Tusker House at Animal Kingdom has a wonderful breakfast with Mickey Mouse and friends!
4. The California Grill at The Contemporary Resort: This resort offers the finest in cuisine! Here you can watch “Wishes” fireworks while dining from an exquisite menu! It can be difficult to time this reservation perfectly! Everyone loves to have dinner and watch the fireworks! Right?! If you can not land this reservation at the exact time you would like, be sure to grab another time and return later for the fireworks! Just present your receipt to the host or hostess of the restaurant and they will allow you access to the restaurant for the viewing of Wishes!
3. Via Napoli in Epcot: This reservation tends to be a challenge to many people! This restaurant offers amazing pizza and Italian cuisine! Who does not love pizza?! You can imagine how immensely popular it is here! If you can not find the lunch or dinner time seating you would like be sure to check for a mid day seating! Sometimes these pop up!
2. Cinderella’s Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom: Everyone wants to eat in the castle! This famous castle is very difficult to get into and requires dining reservations 180 days in advance! It is extremely popular for all ages! The magnificence of the castle is breathtaking and the service is spectacular! Princesses visit your table as you dine in elegance! This is a reservation that tends to sell out most days within 15 minutes or less. You want to be prepared with options! Be ready to make your reservation online at your 180 day mark, online at 6am Eastern Time (Cinderella’s Castle Time). Other locations are 1900 Park Fare Dinner at the Grand Floridian. Here you can dine with Cinderella, Prince Charming and the evil step sisters. Akershus in Epcot is another restaurant to dine with the princesses. Character availability is subject to change.
1. Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom: This restaurant has brought about a dining frenzy when it comes to reservations! These reservations are so difficult to land for your family even at thee 180 day mark! Dinner is currently considered a table service. Dinner also allows you to meet The Beast. If dinner is unavailable, be sure to check for lunch reservations. Yes, I did say lunch reservations. Lunch is considered a quick service entitlement but still allows you to dine in the mysterious yet elegant castle. You can still explore all three rooms in the castle as well! Recently Be Our Guest has been opening up breakfast reservations. Be sure to check into this option as well! You might be surprised at the availability when you choose a different time of the day!
Some quick tips for landing you favorite or top choice dining reservations:
- Be sure to book your reservations 180 days in advance. You can book 180 days plus 10 if you have a current Walt Disney World reservation! 🙂 Be sure to get your vacation package booked well in advance to take advantage of this benefit. Online reservations open up at 6am and the phone lines open at 7am Cinderella’s Castle time!
- Be sure to look at the placement of your dining. By this I mean, if you wish to eat at Be Our Guest, try to plan this for later in your trip. A lot of times I can land this reservations for my clients if we plan it for the last evening! It really has worked numerous times!
- Be flexible. Have a few different times in mind in case the time you would like in unavailable. You should also have an alternative dining location in mind!
- Keep checking! Many times you may find your choice is booked. The availability changes on a daily basis. Be patient and continue to check! I have found reservations three days prior to arrival before! With some pixie dust it can happen!
My name is Jen Perkins. I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel Services. I’m a Disney Destination Specialist. I am also a writer for Chip and Co. and Disney Addicts. If you have any questions regarding dining or getting those once in a lifetime reservations at Walt Disney World, please do not hesitate to ask! You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you and help you plan your next “magical” vacation!
You can also visit my facebook page here for more details on Disney World, updates on promotions, articles and upcoming events all related to Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Studios and much more! You will also find an array of photos of many of these amazing places!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!