Disney-Pixar pals are some of my kids’ favorite Disney characters and Walt Disney World isn’t just for the classic films and Princesses anymore. They have successfully incorporated many Pixar films and characters into the rides and resorts.
My Disney Addict daughter, Jasmine, is so excited to see the newest Disney-Pixar film “Inside-Out” so she made a list of the Top 10 best ways to have a Pixar Character filled Disney trip:
10. Toy Story Midway Mania 3D is one of the best rides at Hollywood Studios! The line queue shrinks you down to “toy size” with a huge Etch-a-Sketch, blocks and Tinker Toys… it’s a great place for photo-ops. This ride is a game too! You can’t miss it — get a Fastpass if you can!
9. Meet Sheriff Woody and Buzz Lightyear at Pixar Place in Hollywood Studios when you get off TSM3D. There are hilarious props to take pics with in line too, such as Buzz’s cardboard spaceship! You can also meet Toy Story Pals in Magic Kingdom. Buzz Lightyear meets to the left of Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin Ride in Tomorrowland. Jessie and Woody meet when you exit Splash Mountain in Frontierland.
8. The Seas with Nemo and Friends is a wonderful building at Epcot that houses a huge salt water aquarium filled with tropical fish, coral reefs, rays, sea turtles, manatees and dolphins! The Finding Nemo ride is adorable too! Kids love Turtle Talk with Crush. It’s interesting and interactive show, Dude!
7. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is a hilarious “comedy club” where you can text in your own jokes to help Mike Wazowski get enough laughs to power up the laugh canister! Your sides will hurt when you leave!
6. Meet Mike and Sulley from Monsters Inc. in Hollywood Studios on NY street. It’s hard to locate, so ask a Cast Member to direct you.
5. Meet Merida from Brave in Magic Kingdom, to the left of the castle in the garden. You have to pass Cheshire Cafe and walk across the bridge between Liberty Square and the Castle. She occasionally lets you shoot her bow and arrow too!
4. It’s Tough to Be A Bug inside the giant Tree of Life is a funny, interactive 4D show at Animal Kingdom. A Bug’s Life characters, Princess Ada and Flik, meet near the entrance to the show too!
3. The Incredibles are some of the most FUN characters to interact with! At night, in Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom, a DJ throws a dance party and the Incredible dance in the crowd with everyone. It’s a GREAT time! Don’t miss it. Even Frozone gets down!
2. Meet the characters from Up – There aren’t many references to one of my favorite Pixar movies, UP, at Disney World but you CAN meet Dug and Russell in Animal Kingdom on Discovery Island. They offer a free scavenger hunt for children called the Wilderness Explorers Club. They can earn badges and learn the pledge like in the movie.
1. The #1 way to have a Pixar Pals Filled Disney Trip is to stay at the best resort for kids, Disney’s Art of Animation! AoA Resort offers 2 amazing Pixar themed areas: Finding Nemo and the Big Blue Pool, and Cars with the Cozy Cone Pool! These areas feature life-sized Cars figures from the movies, and huge Nemo displays. The Resort Rooms are also decked out in these themes too, from the beds to the wall art.
Honorable mentions: Finding Nemo the Musical, Toy Story hotel rooms at All-Star Movies Resort, Festival of Fantasy parade featuring Merida.
I’d love to see Wall-E incorporated into Future World at Epcot or Ratatouille get a restaurant in the France Pavillion, maybe a “Gusteaus”!
If you are ready to plan your Perfectly Pixar filled vacation to Disney World, I can definitely help you get there and fit this entire list into it! My services are always free, so email me at Summer@WorldofMagicTravel.com today to get some price quotes and planning tips! My Facebook Page is another great way to reach me. Mention that you love Pixar Characters and your child will get a free Disney t-shirt when you book a vacation with me! Remember… Adventure is out there!