The Magic Kingdom is the most popular park at Disney World. It’s design, detail, and the experience that it offers is truly magical during the day; but it gets even more magical at night! One of my favorite things to do at Disney World is to explore this park after the sun goes down and the lights come on. Therefore, I have made a list of the top 10 things to do in the Magic Kingdom at night!
1. Wishes Nighttime Spectacular – There’s nothing more magical and spectacular than having the lights go down throughout the Magic Kingdom and hearing Jiminy Cricket’s voice as he tells about wishes as amazing fireworks explode over the castle. It’s worth going to the park at night just to see this show so this is why it’s definitely the #1 thing to at night in the Magic Kingdom.
2.– This part of the Magic Kingdom is beautiful during the day, but it’s even better at night when it’s all lit up! Also, you can’t beat that view of Cinderella Castle aglow at the end of the street.
3. Main Street Electrical Parade-Parades are always entertaining; but at night in the Magic Kingdom, you can see the Main Street Electrical Parade where the floats and characters are lit up in lights! This is a must-see at night in the park.
4. Tinkerbell in Flight – During Wishes, a glowing Tinkerbell will fly from Cinderella Castle and over the bridge into Tomorrowland. This is really cool and truly magical, especially if you have your own little princess who happens to be a Tinkerbell fan!
5. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – This popular Frontierland attraction is always a wild ride packed full of details during the day; but at night, it’s a whole new experience as it feels faster and you can’t see what’s coming next! Plus, if you time it right, you might see Wishes exploding overhead as you enjoy your wild ride.
6. The Magic, The Memories, and You-This new show at the Magic Kingdom is usually shown after the Main Street Electrical Parade and just before Wishes. During this show, photos taken throughout the day, along with other colors and effects, are projected onto Cinderella Castle for both an awesome and sentimental experience. This is just something that you have to see!
7. Splash Mountain-This is seriously one of Disney World’s best rides. As you go inside and out Chickapin Hill during your ride, and right before you drop, you’re treated to lofty views of the park which are even more picturesque at night. On my last trip, I rode Splash Mountain at night and watched the Main Street Electrical Parade winding through Liberty Square and Frontierland from above!
8. Take a Walk-Take some time to walk through each land in the Magic Kingdom at night. Each land is even more magical after the sun goes down with the rides, shops, and restaurants all lit up. Also, there are things you can see at night that you can’t during the day. For example, check out the Liberty Tree Tavern in Liberty Square which has glowing lanterns hanging from it’s branches at night; and Tomorrowland really looks like it’s in outer space when you visit it in the dark!
9. Tomorrowland Transit Authority/WedWay People Mover-This simple attraction goes inside and out and all throughout Tomorrowland. It’s a great way to see this land and some views of the castle at night while off your feet and with a gentle breeze to keep you cool!
10. Jungle Cruise-This classic, and hilarious, Adventureland attraction is mainly outdoors so it offers a different ride experience in the dark. It also makes it a little more exiciting!
Have you experienced Magic Kingdom at night? What is your favorite thing at this park after the sun goes down?
- The Magic, The Memories, and…Wishes!
- By Popular Demand, ‘Main Street Electrical Parade’ Extended Indefinitely
- Top 5 Magic Kingdom Hidden Details (chipandco.com)
- New ‘Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Game Coming Feb 22nd to Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.