If you’re like me you love to take a moment from the hustle and bustle in Walt Disney World and watch the other Disney fans go by. What cool Disney shirts are they wearing? Who has cool Disney tattoos? Where did they get that fancy pair of Mickey ears? It’s fascinating and provides a load off those weary feet. Here are my Top 10 Places to Sit and People Watch in Disney World.
- France Pavilion Epcot- There are a lot of great spots in Epcot’s World Showcase to sit and relax. France is one of my favorites because there always seems to be a lot of activity and it’s so pretty to bask in as you watch!
- Streets of America, Hollywood Studios– There are benches scattered about and if you can snag one on the opportune side of the road in the shade you can rest and watch people coming in and out of the park. I like to listen to the people deciding where they will head to first.
- Frontierland, Magic Kingdom- Gran yourself a giant turkey leg and find a place to sit and watch! I love to grab a spot on a curb or a bench and watch the people coming down Splash Mountain and the onlookers reactions to those splashes! One of my favorites!
- The Hub, Magic Kingdom– Take in the gardens, the castle and all the families posing for pictures and bustling around.
- Characters in Flight, Downtown Disney- This is not only an awesome “ride” but you get some amazing people watching and views of the World! It’s $18 for an adult and 12 for children over 3. It’s a ride up in the world’s largest tethered helium balloon for 8-10 minutes of an aerial view of Downtown and maybe farther! (quick tip: Keep your eyes peeled for coupons online to save some cash)
- Pinocchio’s Village Haus, Magic Kingdom- Also a favorite dining view, this spot is perfect for people watching while you eat some lunch! You’ll want a seat upstairs- if you get into the Monstro room you can watch people embark on their boat to It’s a Small World. If you head to the balcony you can overlook the people wandering Fantasyland.
- Downtown Disney– I’ve mentioned Characters in Flight above, but that’s a very specific taste in activity. If you just want to relax (for free) grab a bench or sit on a curb or near a manicured garden and just watch the people go by. You can pick literally any spot and see tons of excitement. My favorite is to find a place near The World of Disney and watch the kids come in and out all pumped up on Disney merchandise excitement!
- Pathways between Africa and Asia or in the Oasis, Animal Kingdom– sit on a curb or a bench and wait. What are you waiting for is DiVine, the vine lady that walks around covered in vines on stilts amazing people! She stuns and startles so you’ll be sure to witness some dramatics. It will be worth it!
- Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach– Oh the characters you see at water parks! And I don’t mean Mickey! Something about fun in the sun and splashing water brings out the joy in everyone and it’s so fun to watch. As a toddler mom I just have to watch the little ones screeching and running around in the water!
- Disney’s Boardwalk, Disney’s Boardwalk Inn– Styled like an old East Coast shore boardwalk of yesteryear this area is filled with excited people and delicious food. Pop a squat somewhere and just watch!
I hope next time you’re in Disney World you can enjoy a spot or two on my list and share your own! What’s your favorite place to chill and people watch?
I’m Autumn, a Travel Magician with World of Magic Travel. I love to write, talk and plan Disney so contact me today to get started on your magical vacation! Autumn@worldofmagictravel.com or find me on Facebook!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.