At some point in everyone’s day in Walt Disney World you’ll find yourself needing a break from the sun, heat or even Florida rain showers. You can chose to take a load off at a restaurant, catch a show or do some souvenir shopping…or you can hop on a ride! That’s my favorite way to recharge my Disney batteries. Here are my Top 10 Indoor Rides in Walt Disney World.
- Haunted Mansion, Magic Kingdom- Nothing beats the Haunted Mansion for me as far as indoor non-thrill rides go. The effects have gotten so amazing over the years that sometimes I wonder if I really did bring a ghost home with me. The theming is amazing and you’ll discover something new every time you ride.
- Carousel of Progress, Magic Kingdom- This is more along the lines of a show than a “ride”. It’s a classic attraction nonetheless. One of Walt’s originals from the 1964 World’s Fair. I love the music, the animatronics, the set designs…it’s all magical and always will be to me. It’s a perfect way to spend a few minutes kicking back, especially if you are a fan of history.
- Space Mountain, Magic Kingdom- This was my very first roller coaster. It holds a special place in my Mouse-Ear-Shaped heart. The shock of not knowing which direction your car is going to go next in the dark is enough to keep you going back again and again! I also enjoy the space themed queue and new games to play while you wait.
- Toy Story Mania, Hollywood Studios- Hot temperatures will surely ignite your competitive side! Though there is almost always an impossibly long wait if you can snag a Fast Past + for this ride, you won’t want to miss it. It’s a 4D Toy Story adventure where you get to “take on” your travel companions. Do you keep score or just play for fun?
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Hollywood Studios– Another major thrill ride, not for the faint-hearted or very young. There may be some outdoor aspects to this ride- but I don’t count a quick aerial peek of the park as outdoor before you plummet!
- The Great Movie Ride, Hollywood Studios- Hooray for Hollywood! This ride is a nice break from the heat with a trip inside the movies. It’s one thing to watch them and quite another to ride them! My favorite part is the compilation of clips at the end. What’s your favorite scene?
- Spaceship Earth, Epcot- Great for all ages this ride up into the iconic Epcot ball takes you back to the beginning of man’s ability to record history all the way up to the future. It’s fun, slow moving and relaxing. A perfect choice for a few minutes out of the sun. There is also an interactive portion which is engaging and entertaining.
- Living with the Land, Epcot- Education, intrigue (believe it or not) and fun for all ages. A boat ride through the gardens of Epcot will teach you some of the ins and outs of gardening. You’ll see a beautiful display of fresh live vegetable, flowers and fruit. I remember thinking on my first trip that it seemed like a semi-boring way to spend a few minutes but was pleasantly surprised at how fascinating it was!
- Soarin’, Epcot- Sure to be somewhere on everyone’s Top 10 list. The perfect combination of thrill and fun and great for a large span of ages. The magic of this ride is how realistic it seems. If you find yourself craving oranges after you soar over the orange groves, don’t be surprised.
- Dinosaur, Animal Kingdom- Most of the rides at Animal Kingdom are outdoors, naturally because the park highlights nature and its beauty. There are far less places to soak up the air conditioning during your day at this park but Dinosaur is a good choice. Parts of the ride can be intense so it may not be for your entire party.
What indoor rides are on your list? Where would you go first if you found yourself in a Disney rain downpour?
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!