My bags are almost packed in anticipation of my favorite Walt Disney World event, the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival 2015. In addition to the regular countries around the World Showcase, the Fest brings in so many new booths such as Brazil and Ireland. There isn’t enough time (or money on my gift card) to enjoy them all, so I reviewed the menus, made a plan, and will go after these special drinks.
Be sure to pick up your free festival “passport” to get stamps at the countries that you visit, in case you don’t remember by the end of the night 😉
Here is my list of the top 10 drinks I plan to taste during my fall vacation:
10. Germany – German Riesling flights, one of each, J&H Selbach Bernkasteler, Kurfürstlay Riesling Kabinett, Selbach-Oster Mosel Riesling Spätlese, J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Auslese, an ode to my heritage!
9. Brazil – Carnaval Moscato Sparkling White Wine (I will probably get a full glass of this. Moscato is my favorite wine; it’s light, and sweet)
8. Greece – Tzatziki martini featuring Crop Organic Cucumber Vodka and BOLS® Natural Yoghurt Liqueur. Be brave, try the vodka and yogurt martini!
7. Belgium – –Beer flights: Hoegaarden®, Palm Amber Ale, Leffe® Blonde and Stella Artois® Cidre * Exclusive Food & Wine Fest Booth. I tried last years flights, and they were very interesting! Excited to try the Stella Cider. Hard cider is a staple at my house.
6. Cheese Studio – *NEW* I love pairing cheese and eine, it’s the combo from heaven. I do enjoy the strong, fragrant cheeses, so this is one place I want to linger a while! Still River Winery Apfel Eis (apple ice wine) is what I want to order plus a side of cheese fondue with sourdough bread.
5. Dominican Republic *NEW* –Frozen sugar cane cocktail featuring Ron Barceló Blanco Rum sounds so tropical and fun!
4. France – La Passion Martini Slush: vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, cranberry and passion fruit juice. I’ve heard rave reviews about this drink! It’s legendary.
3. Hawaii – Maui Splash Sweet Pineapple Wine. Sounds refreshing!
2. Morocco– Mimosa Royale with a side of the infamous Baklava. Best dessert in the world showcase deserves a sweet dessert wine accompaniment.
1.Farm Fresh Stand – Hard cider flights (4 small cups, one of each) These are the perfect beers for the season! Woodchuck Raspberry Hard Cider, Wyder’s® Dry Pear Hard Cider, Two Henry’s Elderberry Hard Cider, ACE Hard Pumpkin Cider, yes PUMPKIN!
Honorable Mention – A creamy Brown Elephant cocktail concocted of Amarula cream liqueur, milk and Coca Cola is delicious and available on the Africa Marketplace
Remember… drink responsibly, don’t spill. Consume plenty of water, preferably frozen, surrounded by alcohol. Kidding aside, remember there are families around, don’t be THAT guy! Eat some food, use the free transportation, avoid Mission:Space, and you’ll have a great time!
For more info, check out my other article: Insider Tips for Food & Wine Fest
Did you miss your chance this year to go to Food & Wine Fest? Let’s talk about next year. Contact me today to get your Fall 2016 Trip priced, booked and planned before the good rooms fill up. Contact me at Summer@WorldofMagicTravel.com. I am free travel planner and can help you plan the perfect fall vacation, including Food & Wine Fest, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, and if Free Dining comes out I’ll be sure to add that too. Follow me “Around the World” next month on Instagram (@summers_magical_travel) and Facebook!
This site contains affiliate links to products on Etsy, ShopDisney and Amazon. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.