Halloween is one of my most favorite Holidays. One of my most favorite ways of celebrating is attending Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. Although it costs extra to attend, it is very worth it. From the special shows and dance parties to trick or treating all over the Magic Kingdom, here are some tips and tricks to make the most of the party.
10. Get there early! I have arrived at 2 P.M. to pick up my ticket, receive my wrist band, and to get a map. Make sure you allow yourself enough time to do so. Enjoy some of the rides and attractions before the party officially begins. And trust me, you will know what time it does. I do not want to spoil the surprise, but it’s a very fitting way to get the party started. Another tip is just doing the party on the day of the party. Not only will it save money and days on a ticket, but you can rest up and relax to enjoy the party!
9. Ride the Haunted Mansion! This may be a given, but guests are treated to some special features including apparitions of residents in the Cemetery, to Ghost hosts who also dress the part. This is one of my most favorite “Make Over’s” to the Haunted Mansion. For added effect, ride at night!
8. Attend the second parade! The first parade is traditionally the most crowded as it is getting close to some children’s bed time, so they attend the first. If you can stay longer and the kids can too, the second parade is a must. Use the gap time to ride some of the rides or meet with the characters. Believe it or not, the lines may be a lot shorter since everyone else is at the parade!
7. Attend the Shows and Dance Parties! These are unique to the party and should not be missed! Consult your map for show and dance party times. They are done multiple times throughout the night, with the later ones having the best spots available and least crowded. My personal favorite is the Club 626 which features Stich and a host of other characters. I also enjoy the Castle Stage show which features a rare opportunity to mix and mingle with the Villains!
6. The fireworks!!!! This party has an amazing special fireworks show only seen by party guests! It features fireworks to some traditional Halloween music such as “Grim Grinning Ghosts” and “the Midnight ride of Paul Revere”. For a great vantage point, pick a spot early, preferably on Main Street.
5. Take time to meet and greet characters!!!!! This is a rare opportunity to meet all 7 Dwarfs at one time, as well as see the characters in their Halloween Finest. I would use the time during the first parade to greet the characters because the lines are usually shorter during this time!
4. Get your merchandise early!!!!! Many people wait until the end of the party, only to find out the shirt they really wanted is sold out or worse, the shop is closed! Make sure you get your merchandise early and if the particular item you want is out, check with the other locations. Your map will point out all merchandise outlets and what they carry!
3. Save the Trick or Treating to the end! Why you may ask? Because Cast members LOVE to dump large amounts of Candy at the end of the Night! It’s also fun to follow the guide map to the various locations! There are also some unique experiences at certain stops.
2. This is a big one, especially if you have allergies or diet restrictions! You can turn in your candy and trade it for special treats and trinkets just for you! Just head over to City Hall and tell them your restrictions and they will ask for your candy, and in return, give you safe, allergy and special diet treats!
1. The Sweets! Yes that’s right… Sweets! Special Treats are everywhere! From special cupcakes and cookies, everybody is sure to find a way to sweeten your sweet tooth! Some are even unique to the Party.
And here is my biggest secret tip of all: Wear a costume!!! It is so much fun to dress up and visit the Magic Kingdom. It’s also a great conversation starter and a way to keep up with your party. I do however, recommend dressing to the weather and make sure it is “Disney Appropriate”. I have seen adults turned away for inappropriate costumes. Also for children, make sure their costumes do not drag. I have seen many kids trip because their costumes were too long! I recommend pins to pin the hem up. Also comfortable shoes! There is a lot of walking!
I had a blast at the Party and it is definitely one of the must do’s when it is occurring…..which is typically Early September to right after Halloween itself! The ticket prices fluctuate based on time of the year and its proximity to Halloween. I recommend purchasing your tickets as soon as they go on sale as to not be disappointed to find out that it is sold out! I hope you enjoyed this look at my must do’s and I hope you have a Magical day
Mary Catherine Hogan
P.S. Beware of the Headless Horseman……..
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!
5 thoughts on “Top 10 Must Do’s For Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom”
We went for Halloween last year and cant wait to do it again…best trip! #ymbada
I am planning to go for the first time this Halloween so thank you for the tips 🙂 #ymbada
This is my favorite time for Disney, LOVE the NSSHP!! And my bday is 3 days after Halloween 🙂 #YMBADA
I love the MNSSHP! My favorite thing all year! Fireworks from the train station. #ymbada
Thank you for this article, I am looking to go to my first one very soon!
Comments are closed.