In normal life, I don’t require much on a daily basis. In the parks, I am amazingly needy! I try to bring everything I need to the parks without overloading myself. Remember, whatever you bring, you have to carry!
Here are my Top 10 things to bring with you to the Disney Parks.
- Your Camera: A picture is worth a thousand words right? There is no better way to preserve a memory than through a picture. Posed/Staged pictures are great, but I love catching candid shots of my kids doing things that others might think are weird, but are parts of their personalities. Every picture tells a story!
- Band-Aids: You just never know when someone (like myself) might trip and fall over thin air! There isn’t a vacation that has gone by, that I haven’t needed band-aids. I’m not proud of my clumsiness, but I do come prepared for it. Blisters, scrapes and falls and other minor “boo-boos” happen, might as well be prepared for them.
- Money or Gift Cards: This one is pretty obvious. You need money/Gift Cards to buy all of those pretty souvenirs and sweet treats you come across. Try using your Red Card at Target to save 5% off those Gift Card purchases.
- A watch or way to tell time: There are plenty of shows that are on schedules. You need a way to keep track of time while you are in the park. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve lost time in . It feels like minutes, but is really hours passing by!
- Cell Phones: At some point during your trip, someone will get separated from your travel group. It will happen! By having cell phones now, we can simply call our lost Aunt Ellie instead of wasting precious time walking around searching for her.
- Trading pins: I am a HUGE pin trader. I love the idea of finding pins that I have never seen before or finding that last one pin I needed for my set. My daughter collects foreign pins. Her favorite pins have come from Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney. My son trades for whatever is “cool” that day!
- Water: One must stay hydrated in order to survive the long, hot Florida days! Remember you can ask for water from any Quick Service Counter Location for free!
- Sunscreen: I am a redhead! I NEVER leave home without sunscreen on and in my bag!!! Even on an overcast day, it is possible to suffer the effects of the sun.
- Medicine: I am a migraine sufferer with about a zillion triggers. I bring my meds with me just to make it through the day. I also bring stomach meds and allergy meds. You never know when that Taco Hot Dog from The Launching Pad is going to give you a stomach ache!
- A Poncho or Umbrella: On an average day in Orlando, it WILL rain. If you don’t want to get soaked, toss a poncho in your bag. They are lightweight and don’t take up much space. I have seen some can fit inside a deck of cards box!
What is the most important thing to bring? Your sense of humor! This is the one thing that you can’t forget. No matter how carefully you plan and what you pack, something is bound to be less magical than you hoped. The best thing to do in this case, is to laugh it off and remember, you are on vacation! Like Walt Disney himself said, “Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.”
Those are my Top 10 (Well, 11) things to bring with you to the Disney parks! Did I leave anything out? Let me know in the comment section below!
When Becca isn’t on the Chip & Co. Pinterest & Facebook pages, she is helping people plan their Very own Disney Vacation! You can email her at Becca@destinationsinflorida.com for your no-obligation quote! Remember, her services are always FREE!!!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.