“Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” is lighting up the evening skies above Disneyland park during the first-ever Pixar Fest. Buzz Lightyear, more than 300 green Space Aliens, 10-foot-tall “Coco” characters from the Land of the Dead and many more Pixar favorites star in the newest fireworks show.
“Together Forever” connects guests to beloved Pixar stories as it lights up the sky over Disneyland Park. It comes to life with pyrotechnics, special effects, a new musical score and projections on iconic park locations. The grand tradition of Tinker Bell flying over Sleeping Beauty Castle also gets a Pixar twist, with a special flyover by Buzz Lightyear.
One unique aspect is that you can experience “Together Forever” from different viewing areas throughout Disneyland park. Watch from Sleeping Beauty Castle, ‘it’s a small world,’ Rivers of America or Main Street, U.S.A. for a different perspective of the multimedia spectacular!
“Together Forever” Fun Facts:
- “Together Forever” celebrates the everlasting bonds of friendship between guests, as well as the friendships of beloved Pixar characters from all 19 Disney•Pixar films.
- “Together Forever” opens with Buzz Lightyear, who flies 100 feet in the air above Sleeping Beauty Castle on a flight path that is 350 feet long.
- As Buzz Lightyear takes flight, he opens the show with a new line of diaologue: “To friendship…and beyond!”
- The fireworks for “Together Forever” were specifically developed and designed to enhance the projected images within the show and to match Pixar Animations Studios’ color palette.
- “Together Forever” contains more than 900 separate fireworks effects, digitally controlled within 1/30 of a second.
- An all-new musical score was recorded for “Together Forever.” The orchestra was composed of 101 musicians and 20 vocalists. The score features popular songs from Pixar films, in addition to iconic instrumental themes.
- “You’ve Got a Friend in Me,” the hit song by Randy Newman from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” serves as the musical thread for the show. Guests will be inspired to sing along as this anthem becomes the rousing finale. This version of the song is a custom arrangement made specifically for “Together Forever.”
- On Main Street, U.S.A., mapped projections bring the storytelling of “Together Forever” to life. The same technology is used for projections on Sleeping Beauty Castle and the façade of the “it’s a small world” attraction.
- Each of the four viewing areas in the park – Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle, Rivers of America and “it’s a small world” – feature custom effects that create a unique experience for guests at each location.
- With the use of projection mapping, more than 300 Space Aliens from “Toy Story” appear on the façade of the buildings on Main Street, U.S.A., and Sleeping Beauty Castle during their moment in “Together Forever.” The adorable green Space Aliens also appear on the façade of the “it’s a small world” attraction.
- Multiple laser beams project down Main Street, U.S.A., in the scene where the Incredibles battle the Omnidroid at Sleeping Beauty Castle. Lasers are also used at the Rivers of America viewing location.
- The story heats up during a pivotal scene from “Toy Story 3,” as Sleeping Beauty Castle is flanked by six shooting flames that reach up to 30 feet in the air.
- During the “Coco” adventure, 10 townspeople from the Land of the Dead appear on the rooftops of Main Street, U.S.A. Each of these characters stretches more than 10 feet tall and they join the animated mariachi and folklórico dancers projected on Main Street U.S.A., bringing to life a colorful fiesta.
- The voice of Anthony Gonzalez, who played the lead role of Miguel in Disney•Pixar’s “Coco,” can be heard singing “The World Es Mi Familia” during the “Coco” adventure of “Together Forever.”
- “The World Es Mi Familia” features authentic Mexican singers and musicians who play traditional mariachi instruments like the vihuela, guitar, and guitarrón.
- Several objects have flown above Sleeping Beauty Castle in past nighttime spectaculars, and the largest one ever is in “Together Forever” – Carl Fredricksen’s House from Disney•Pixar’s film, “Up.”
- Guests can look out for the Pizza Planet truck in “Together Forever.” Seen in “Toy Story,” the Pizza Planet truck also appears as an Easter Eggs hidden in most Pixar films.
Contact me today to start planning your magical Disney vacation. As an agent with MickeyTravels (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Find me on Facebook or feel free to email me with any Disney vacation questions at SPhillips@mickeytravels.com
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!