We are totally digging this Heigh-Ho Apple Bruschetta!
A recipe created by Dole and inspired by Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, that is healthy, vegetarian and a great option to have at home after work! It features pineapple, green apples and pears on a whole-wheat baguette with vegan cheddar cheese, cinnamon, thyme and sliced almonds.
It sounds delicious! Oh and don’t worry, no poisoned apples are involved in this recipe. Would you like to make it? Just follow the recipe below:
HEIGH-HO APPLE BRUSCHETTA
- 1/2 cup of peeled and chopped Dole green apple
- 1/2 cup of peeled and chopped Dole pear
- 1/2 cup chopped Dole pineapple
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp of honey
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 12 (1/2 inch thick) slices of whole wheat baguette
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of vegan Cheddar cheese shreds
- 2 tbsp of sliced almonds, crushed
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- Cook apple, pear, pineapple, honey, thyme, cinnamon and salt in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes. Makes about 1 1/3 cups.
- Brush both sides of baguette slices with oil; place on hot grill rack, cover and cook 3 minutes or until grill marks appears, turning once. Turn off 1 side of grill.
- Top baguette slices with cheese and place on unlit side on grill; cover and cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Top baguette slices with apple mixture and sprinkle with almonds. Makes 12 bruschettas.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Learn How To Make Pepperoni Pizza Spring Rolls From Adventureland! - July 29, 2021
- Refreshing Mint Julep From Disneyland To Make At Home! - July 28, 2021
- You Can Make The Delicious Remy’s Soup From Ratatouille At Home! - July 27, 2021