It’s just a bunch of Hocus Pocus Book of Spells Brownies!
Turn the spooky book of spells into some delicious chocolate brownies that will become a must during the Halloween season in your home. You can make them during a movie night or as a treat for your next party! We are sure everyone will love them.
Follow this recipe from Half Baked Harvest and enjoy a wicked night baking these sweet treats:
HOCUS POCUS BOOK OF SPELLS BROWNIES
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 16 oz of semi-sweet or milk chocolate chopped
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp of activated charcoal or black food dye
- Large candy eyes, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs until combined. Add the cocoa powder, flour and coffee and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies are just set. Let cool and then cut into 9 bars. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted. Let cool 10 minutes. Dip each frozen brownie into the melted chocolate, using a fork to toss the brownie in the chocolate to coat. Remove and allow any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining brownies. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, black dye (or charcoal), and 1 tbsp of water until combined, adding water if needed to thin. Add the frosting to a ziplock bag and snip a small portion of the corner off the bad. Remove the brownies from the freezer. Add a dot of frosting to each brownie and attach a candy eye.
- Decorate the Hocus Pocus book of spells brownies as desired. Let the frosting dry and then serve or keep in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 4 days.
Enjoy your Hocus Pocus Book of Spells Brownies this Halloween!
Credit: Half Baked Harvest