Celebrate the spookiest day this weekend with some Hidden Mickey Halloween Cookies!
They are colorful and fun and feature chocolate on the outside and gooey cream in the center that will have all the little ghosts and ghouls asking for more!
Learn how make these hidden Mickey halloween cookies with this easy recipe from D23! All your family can help, take a look:
HIDDEN MICKEY HALLOWEEN COOKIES
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder (Dutch-processed recommended)
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
Filling for Hidden Mickey Halloween Cookies
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of milk
- Pinch of salt
- Food coloring (purple, green, orange)
- In a medium bow, whisk together the butter and sugar until well combined. Whisk is the vanilla and melted chocolate. Add in the egg and whisk until combined.
- In another bowl, stir flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda until combined. Stir flour mixture into the chocolate mixture. Let the dough sit for an hour to firm up.
- Transfer the dough tot he sheet of wax paper. Shape into a log about 2 1/2 inches of diameter. Roll log in wax paper and shape as you roll to maintain a smooth cylinder. Twist ends of paper to help keep the shape compact. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. (If log flattens on one side, rotate every 30 minutes or so to maintain a round shape).
- Heat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut dough in 1/4 inches thick slices and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Use a 2″ round pastry cutter to cut out a smooth circle for each slice.
- Cut out a Mickey shape on half of the slices (in the middle of each) using a 3/4″ round pastry cutter for the head and the back of a large, round pastry tip for the ears.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cookies are firm to the touch.
- Cool and prepare the filling. In a mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add milk and salt, and continue beating until smooth again. Then add preferred food coloring.
- Place the filling into a pastry bag and pipe filling on the bottom of the plain cookies and sandwich Mickey cutout cookies on top.
Enjoy your Hidden Mickey Halloween Cookies!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Orange Bird Flip Recipe From Magic Kingdom Opening Day! - January 9, 2022
- Disney Springs Is Celebrating Health And Wellness This January - January 6, 2022
- Disney Parks Is Hiring Content Creators! - January 5, 2022