There are so many exciting Disney Movies in the works, it’s hard to keep up with them all! If you’re like me and anxiously awaiting to purchase your tickets to the next Disney blockbuster, here’s a guide to what’s on the horizon for Disney Movie-lovers everywhere:
- “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” – Arriving just in time for the 2018 holiday season on November 2, 2018, “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” follows a young girl as she is transported into a magical world of sugarplum ferries and gingerbread soldiers.
- “Mary Poppins Returns” – The remake of this Disney classic was expected to debut in theaters on December 25, 2018. However, as an early Christmas Present, the official release date has been moved up to December 19, 2018!
- “Dumbo” – The live-action version of this Disney classic will feature Colin Farrell, Danny DeVito, Michael Keaton, and Eva Green in starring rolls. Tim Burton will direct the film that is slated to land in theaters on March 29, 2019.
- “Aladdin” – Aladdin will roll in theaters in 2019 on May 24. The live-action remake features Will Smith as The Genie and Guy Ritchie as the director.
- “Toy Story 4” – The movie is scheduled to arrive in theaters on June 21, 2019. However, due to some behind-the-scene snags, it might be a little later. One thing is for sure, this might be the most-anticipated animated sequel of 2019!
- “The Lion King” – This live-action remake will feature Beyonce as Nala and Donald Glover as Simba among others. James Earl Jones will also be back to reprise his roll as the voice of Mufasa. “The Lion King” is scheduled to hit theaters on July 19, 2019.
- “Frozen 2” – What might be the most anticipated movie in the Disney movie pipeline, “Frozen 2” will be in theaters November 27, 2019.
- “Kim Possible” – Production has recently begun on this live-action remake of the popular Disney Channel animated show. It is expected to debut in theaters sometime in 2019.
- “Mulan” – The live-action remake of “Mulan” will arrive in theaters on March 27, 2020 and feature lead actress, Liu Yifei.
- “Maleficent 2” – Disney Villian fans everywhere squealed in delight when a sequel to “Maleficent 2” was announced. Angelina Jolie will be back as one of the stars of the movie. It was just announced “Maleficent 2” will be released on May 29, 2020.
- “Prince Charming” – Few details are known on this Disney movie but online reports state it will be directed by “Wonder’ director Stephen Chbosky. We are not even sure if the featured Prince will be Snow White’s Prince Charming or Cinderellas. Who knows, it might be a whole new character all together! A release date has not been announced yet.
- “The Sword and the Stone” – With no release date announced for this remake, online reports indicate that director and writer have been tapped to begin work on the classic.
- “Cruella” – Be prepared for a live-action remake of “101 Dalmatians” focusing on villain, Cruella DeVil! Emma Stone is rumored to be the star of this movie which has no release date as of now.
- “Oliver Twist” – While no release date has been announced for this Charles Dickens classic, Thomas Kail from “Hamilton” will be the director.
- “Tink” – With the focus of the original “Peter Pan” story being on Tinkerbell this time around, there are sure to be lots of magical surprises in this movie! No release date has been announced.
- “Pinocchio” – No premiere date is known at currently for this live-action remake but it is confirmed that Paul King from “Paddington” will be the director.
Which of these Disney Movies are you most excited to see?
Planning a visit to a Disney Destination? Fill out the form below, or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best available rate offered by Disney. As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at MickeyTravelsHolly@gmail.com, or follow along on Facebook.