These Candy Cane Mickey Mouse Beignets are the perfect treat for any holiday party!
Upgrade your regular beignets for something more magical and festive with this recipe from Disney Parks. This treat can be found during the holiday season at Disneyland and Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort over at Walt Disney World and is a must during your vacation.
No plans on going to Disney anytime soon? No worries! Just follow this recipe and recreate these adorable candy cane Mickey Mouse beignets at home, your family will love them:
CANDY CANE MICKEY MOUSE BEIGNETS
Candy Cane Dust
- 6 large candy canes
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp of dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of warm water (105 degrees)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of vegetable shortening
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Add candy canes and powdered sugar to food processor and pulse until it creates a fine grind. Set aside.
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar, shortening, salt, heavy cream, egg, flour and boiling water in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. With the dough hook attachment of an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll to 1/4 inch thickness and cut individual beignets with a Mickey Mouse shaped cutter or cut into 2 1/2 to 3 inch squares. Cover with a towel and let dough rise until doubled in size in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side. Remove with tongs and place on paper towels to drain. Dust warm beignets with candy cane dust and serve immediately.
Enjoy your candy cane Mickey Mouse beignets and happy holidays!
Credit: Disney Parks