Visitors to Walt Disney World can now search for hidden Mickeys using their Kindles, iPads, or smart phones.
The publisher of Steven M. Barrett’s book, Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide To Walt Disney World’s Best Kept Secrets, has made the fifth edition of the best-selling guide available in a variety of digital formats. The book recently made its debut on Amazon’s list of Top Ten Florida ebooks.
For the uninitiated, hidden Mickeys are partial or complete images of Mickey Mouse concealed throughout the parks’ attractions, restaurants, shops, and resorts. What began as an inside joke by Disney’s Imagineers and designers has become a major activity of visitors to “the Happiest Place on Earth” and a passion for more than a few of them.
Barrett’s book provides clues to Mickey’s hiding places and families and friends team up to search them out, competing for points in the process. There is also a section of hints for those who need extra help in their search.
The ebook version takes full advantage of the electronic format, providing hyperlinks from the clues to the hints and back again. And because ereaders allow users to search for any ride or attraction, there’s no need for an index.
The newest edition of Hidden Mickeys documents more than 1,000 hidden Mickeys. Author Barrett has spent more than 10 years exploring the parks in search of the elusive mouse. To his loyal fans, he’s known as The Hidden Mickey Guy and he has made it his mission to personally search out and document each and every hidden Mickey. Barrett maintains updated information on everything related to the mouse hunt at HiddenMickeyGuy.com.
Both the paperback and ebook versions of Hidden Mickeys are published by The Intrepid Traveler, a publisher of travel books located in Branford, Conn. Information on their other titles can be found at www.intrepidtraveler.com/store
Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide To Walt Disney World’s Best Kept Secrets is available in ebook format from the following vendors:
- Amazon (www.amazon.com): $7.19
- Apple iBooks Store (accessed via the iPad): $8.99
- Barnes and Noble (www.bn.com): $7.37
- Sony Reader (ebookstore.sony.com): 7.19
- Kobo (www.kobo.com): $7.39
- Ebooks, Ltd (www.ebooks.com): $8.99
- The Hidden Mickey Guy reveals almost 400 in latest edition (chipandco.com)
- Disney Food Blog Dining Adventures e-Book Now Available (chipandco.com)
- Splash Mountain Boat sinks forcing evacuation - August 3, 2020
- Beauty and the Beast prequel for Disney+ Now has a Name - July 31, 2020
- Celebrate 25 years of Toy Story with The Disney Store Toy Story 25th Anniversary Key - July 31, 2020