There are times when visiting Disneyland that you may want to take it slow and experience the little things you don’t notice most of the time. Then there are times where you want to get in as many rides as you can! This article will help you and a partner get in a maximum number of major rides as quickly as possible. Check out these steps for hitting the “Big 11”-Big Thunder, Finding Nemo, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, Small World, Matterhorn, Pirates of the Caribbean, Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Star Tours.
1.Enter the park and head toward the Matterhorn. One person waits in line while the other one gets Fastpasses for Space Mountain. Space Mountain Fastpasses could run out by mid-day depending on the season so getting those early is essential. You’ll then meet up at the Matterhorn and have your first ride of the day.
2. Ride the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. This ride, like the Matterhorn, doesn’t offer Fastpasses, so you’ll want to ride first thing in the morning before the line gets long.
3. Your Fastpass for Space Mountain won’t be valid yet so head over to some of Tomorrowland’s other rides. Get a Fastpass for Buzz Lightyear (it’s on an independent Fastpass queue) and then ride Star Tours. Once you’re done on Star Tours you should be able to use your Buzz Lightyear Fastpass and then head over to Space Mountain. You might even be able to squeeze in a ride on Autopia or Astro Orbiter before your Space Mountain Fastpass time.
4. Next make your way to Adventureland and grab a Fastpass for Indiana Jones. Then go ride Splash Mountain. Wait times for Splash Mountain are usually 20-30 minutes before noon.
5. After you ride Splash Mountain, try to ride Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean before your Fastpass time for Indiana Jones. Send your partner to get Fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain and then go ride Indiana Jones.
6. While you’re waiting for your Big Thunder Mountain Fastpass time, take a ride on Jungle Cruise. Then head to Toon Town and get a Fastpass for Rodger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin.
7. Move on to Fantasyland and ride four or five of the following: Alice in Wonderland, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Dumbo, King Arthur Carousel, Mad Tea Party, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, Peter Pan’s Flight, Pinocchio’s Daring Journey, Snow White’s Scary Adventures, or Storybookland Canal Boats. Peter Pan’s Flight is a very popular ride so only ride this one if the wait is 30 minutes or less.
8. Use your Fastpass for the wildest ride in the wilderness-Big Thunder Mountain!
9. Go ride “it’s a small world”. Get in the right side of line. The left side moves slower because VIPs and disabled guests enter through that side of the dock.
10. Finish your day by riding Rodger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin in Toon Town. Keep in mind Toon Town closes early every day.
Do you think you could hit all of the most popular rides at Disneyland in one day?
If you’d like to put these steps to the test, contact me today to start planning your next Disneyland vacation! My services are free and you can email me at email@example.com for more information.
Latest posts by Sara Solberg (see all)
- Non-Disney Activities to Experience on Your Disneyland Vacation - March 1, 2016
- A First Timer’s Guide: Top Things You Need to Know About Disneyland - February 28, 2016
- A First Timer’s Guide: Top Things You Need to Know About Disney California Adventure - February 25, 2016