‘The Mandalorian‘ Beats ‘Stranger Things’ and Other Titles as Most In Demand Streamable Show. Streaming has become the new pioneering frontier of entertainment, allowing subscribers to stream popular titles directly to their preferred devices and watch at their leisure with minimal interruptions. Newest to the service is Disney+, who is already making waves in streaming statistics with their most successful series, Star Wars: The Mandalorian.
“After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. “The Mandalorian” is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.”
According to a report from Forbes, The Mandalorian on Disney+ has been out performing every top tier streaming series so far in 2019. Parrot Analytics, leader in data research for television and streaming entities, gathered the information and compared the demands for The Mandalorian versus the other top 8 streamable series currently offered in 2019. The report from Parrot Analytics shares:
“Seven days out from its season 1 launch, demand for Disney+’s The Mandalorian in the United States is:
- 298% ahead of CBS All Access’ Star Trek: Discovery on the 7th day after its Season 2 debut
- 175% ahead of HBO’s Westworld on the 7th day after its Season 2 debut
- 72.3% ahead of BBC’s Doctor Who on the 7th day after its Series 11 debut
- 69.8% ahead of Netflix’s Stranger Things on the 7th day after its Season 2 debut
- 58.7% ahead of Amazon Prime Video’s Good Omens
- 35.8% ahead of Netflix’s The Umbrella Academy
- 15% ahead of Netflix’s When They See Us
- 11.5% ahead of Netflix’s The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance“
The success of The Mandalorian may outshine the other series, but the real winner here is the viewers. With a wide variety of content and interests, this new platform has allowed for revivals of nostalgic stories and introductions to content that otherwise we would never get the chance to see.
Congratulations to the cast and crew of The Mandalorian on this achievement and we can’t wait to see the rest the series has to offer. We are equally as excited for Season 2 and hope to see it premiere on Disney+ sometime in 2020.
Have you been enjoying The Mandalorian so far? What do you think will happen next? What are some of your favorite streamable shows? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments. Be sure to check back here at Chip and Co. for all things Star Wars!
Featured Photo Credit: Lucasfilm/Disney+/Netflix
Follow Chip and Co on Instagram @chipandco or on Twitter @chipandcompany
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Latest posts by Kaitlyn (see all)
- Sony Wants Tom Holland’s Spider-Man to Stay in the Marvel Cinematic Universe - February 20, 2020
- Comedian Brad Williams Helps Encourage Bullied 9-Year-Old Boy With Dwarfism With Trip To Disneyland - February 20, 2020
- ‘Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga’ Box Set Now Available For Pre-Order - February 20, 2020