Wishes Nighttime Spectacular is, as the name implies, spectacular! Yes, it is the nighttime fireworks at Magic Kingdom, but Disney has a way of making fireworks so much more than just a regular fireworks display. Wishes features the voices of beloved characters as well as iconic music to which the fireworks are timed. This show is something that everyone should experience at least once. Now the questions becomes, where do you watch it from? Well, that’s what I’m here to share – here are the best places to view Wishes from!
- Main Street U.S.A. – If you have never seen Wishes, then Main Street is the best place for you to watch from. Before the fireworks start Tinkerbell flies across the sky, which you can’t see from anywhere else. Shortly before Wishes the Castle is bathed in light and scenes from Disney movies during Celebrate the Magic – and Main Street is the only place to see this as well.
Main Street is great, but it is also incredibly crowded! So, if you’re looking for somewhere less crowded, or even just a new perspective on the show there lots of great places to watch!
- Fantasyland – While everyone is lining up in front of the Castle to watch the show, venture to the back for a unique experience. When you’re on Main Street all of the fireworks are directly in front of you, but when you’re behind the castle in Fantasyland you’re surrounded by them!
- Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party – This one will cost you extra, but you will get to enjoy the show and delicious desserts all at the same time. Be sure to reserve your spot in advance and when the time comes, head over to the Tomorrowland Terrace for decadent eats and dazzling sights.
- Tomorrowland – Tomorrowland’s location lends itself to a truly unique view opportunity. Main Street and Fantasyland give guests a front or back view of the show, but Tomorrowland gives guests a side view! You should check it out at least once!
- Liberty Square – This one is my favorite! If you stand across from the entrance of Liberty Tree Tavern the fireworks will be almost directly above you – it is an amazing experience. There are also incredibly low crowds here during the show.
You don’t have to be inside of Magic Kingdom to enjoy the show, though!
- Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise – This one costs a bite extra as well, but you won’t regret it. Set sail on the Seven Seas Lagoon where you’ll enjoy an amazing view of Wishes as well as tasty treats.
- Resort Beaches – The beaches of Magic Kingdom area resorts offer a unique and relaxing viewing opportunity. Avoid the crowds, grab a seat, and enjoy the show.
- Restaurants – Lastly, The California Grill at the Contemporary Resort and Ohana at the Polynesian Village Resort offer amazing views of the fireworks spectacular if you are seated by the window or if you are watching from the observation deck at the Contemporary. Not only do you get to see the show from a unique location, but the music that is played inside the park is also played inside the restaurant so that you get the whole experience.
Where is your favorite place to watch Wishes? Let us know in the comments!
My name is Miriya Whitaker, I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel, a writer for Chip and Co and Disney Addicts, and I love Wishes! I would be more than happy to help you plan and book your next magical vacation so that you can enjoy the magic of Wishes, too! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning and follow me on Facebook for more Disney and travel information!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.