And they don’t involve fireworks.
Okay, sure, we all love watching Wishes and Illuminations, but that’s just part of the night. Here’s a few fun activities to enjoy once the sun goes down.
- Go to the Boardwalk and watch the entertainment.
- Go on an adults-only date at one of Disney’s top restaurants like California Grill or Yachtsman Steakhouse. If you need a sitter, try Kids Nite Out or one of Disney’s kids clubs.
- Want to go all out? Have dinner at a fancy-schmancy restaurant like Victoria and Alberts.
- Sneak on over to Universal Orlando Citywalk for nightlife and food. We won’t tell Disney that you visited “the other guys.” Just hide the shopping bags, okay?
- Enjoy the parks when they are less crowded and it’s cooler.
- Stay in the parks after they close. No, we don’t mean all night (although we admit to thinking about it from time to time), but the parks stay open an hour after closing to get everyone out and allow some last minute shopping. Find a bench and watch the castle lights turn color as everyone around you rushes. You’ll be rewarded with an almost empty Main Street and a little extra magic.
- Shop and Downtown Disney close to closing time and you’ll be rewarded with near-empty shops.
- If you have your own car, don’t miss out on downtown Orlando, where you’ll find eclectic clubs and restaurants. Orlando is also home to a thriving Vietnamese community where you can get inexpensive and tasty Vietnamese food.
- Relax in your resort’s hot tub.
- Find a quite spot at your resort and relax. Most resorts have quite nooks and crannies. Some even have cozy fireplaces. Often, other guests are running around too much to find these hidden gems, so grab a book and go get comfy.
Chris writes here and at Everything Walt Disney World. She’s also a travel agent with Pixie Vacations and a member of the Mouse Chat podcast. Write her at ChrisW@PixieVacations.com for information on how you can get a free Disney gift card worth up to $100 in value the next time you book a Disney vacation.
- 10 Money Saving Tips for your next Disney World Vacation (couponingtodisney.com)
- Top 4 Benefits for Staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.