The Disney World Resort is full magical experiences. There are so many amazing things to see and do around the parks that one trip is not enough to do it all. However, there are some experiences that are often overlooked by guests and this should certainly not be the case. Each new character meet and greet, restaurants, or attraction will add a whole new level of magic to your trip. Here are the top ten overlooked experiences in Magic Kingdom.
You should add at least one of these to your to-do list for your next trip.
- Riverboat – Have you ever wanted to travel on an old time steam boat? Well, you can fulfill that dream at Magic Kingdom Park. Take a relaxing cruise along the Rivers of America on board the Liberty Belle. Take break from the hustle and bustle of the park and take in the sights.
- Tom Sawyer Island – If you’re looking for somewhere to let your kids burn off some energy or you want to go back to the times when things were simple then this place is for you. Take a raft for the island where you can explore the mill, the cave, and the fort. Spend as much time as you like – there’s no rush.
- Country Bear Jamboree – This is truly a classic – it is one of the last that Walt helped to develop. Who doesn’t want to watch singing country bears!
- A Pirates Adventure – Treasures of the Seven Seas – Much like Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, A Pirates Adventure is a great way to explore the park and spend time together as a family! Sign up, grab a map and follow the clues around Adventureland to find the treasure. Be sure to pay attention, there are surprises around every corner.
- Sleepy Hollow – Located in Liberty Square this little eatery gives guests a great view of the castle and delicious eats. Until my last trip to Disney World I didn’t even know that it existed, but now it is on my list of must-do snack places for every trip. Behead your hunger with waffles, waffle sandwiches both sweet and savory, funnel cakes and ice cream cookie sandwiches!
- Cheshire Café – Grab a snack from this often overlooked location on the border of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. The menu isn’t incredibly extensive here, but special menu items are often featured and will be displayed on counter top signs.
- Main Street Vehicles – Climb aboard the turn of the century vehicles for a memorable trip down Main Street. That’s right, you didn’t know that you could ride take a ride in these did, you?!
- Main Street Performers – Of course there are the parades and the shows in front of the Castle, but there is so much more entertainment to enjoy on Main Street. Grab a seat and enjoy any or all of the Main Street Trolley Show, the Main Street Philharmonic, The Dapper Dans, the Citizens of Main Street, and the Casey’s Corner Pianist.
- Flag Retreat – Every day at 5:00pm the flag on Main Street, the only real American Flag inside the park, is lowered. Each time a veteran is selected to be part of the ceremony. It is something that everyone should see at least once.
- Tiana and Naveen – In Liberty Square, next to Liberty Tree Tavern, you can meet Tiana, the American Princess. And if you’re lucky you may get to meet her prince, Naveen, too!
Did we miss one? Have you taken part in any of these experiences? Let us know in the comments!
My name is Miriya Whitaker, I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel, and writer for Chip and Co and Disney Addicts, and I love trying new things on each of my trips! I would be happy to help plan your next magical vacation and help you find the best experiences for you. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning and follow me on Facebook for more Disney and travel information
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!