Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Seminars and musical line-ups announced! In just a month, the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic kicks off at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin. Today, the musical line-up and interactive seminar offerings for the ninth annual festival were announced for the festival beginning on October 26 to 28. For the first time, the event will be expanding its live entertainment offerings beyond the main stage and into several of its themed areas.
New musical performers will add to the immersive environments of three of the themed sections, each selected to perfectly match the unique tastes and décor of the area. The acts making their festival debuts this year include:
- Manureva, a family group, will perform authentic songs and melodies from Polynesia in the new luau-themed area, The Pig & The Poke
- Vintage Vibe, a group of renegade musicians who reimagine songs from a variety of genres into the smooth, lavish sounds of the 1920s and ‘30s, will be in the Bubble Lounge
- Singer-guitarist-songwriter Harry “Captain Henry” Hann will play a blend of rock, soul, jazz and reggae – a style he calls Floribbean – in the Beer Garden.
Returning to the Dolphin clamshell fountain main stage for both nights are festival favorites:
- Epic, performing today’s best dance, pop and party rock music
- 501 Blues, playing the top blues, soul and classic rock hits from the past 40 years
- Atlantic City Boys, featuring the rock ‘n’ roll harmonies of the Beach Boys, Drifters, the BeeGees and Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
Other fan favorites are the event’s popular educational seminars, which give guests a chance to learn from the resort’s award-winning food and beverage team in an interactive setting. The 2018 seminar line-up includes:
- Fine Art of Sushi and Sake
- The Cheese Course
- Pasta Making
- Wine Blending
- Base to Bubbles (Champagne)
- Beer, Please
- Craft Cocktails
- Italian Wines
- Riesling, So Sweet & So Dry
- The Grand Tasting presented by Master Sommelier Matthew Citriglia (sold out)
Seminars will take place on Friday, Oct. 26 and Saturday, Oct. 27. Beverage seminar tickets are $50 per person, while pairing seminar tickets are $85, including tax. Specific dates and times of each seminar are available on the event website.
The Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic offers guests unlimited tastings at more than 70 stations featuring culinary selections from the hotel’s award-winning restaurants and wine from more than 30 wineries amidst a festive backdrop of live entertainment on the hotel’s scenic causeway. New to the event this year is The Pig and the Poke, a luau-themed area serving Kalua pork, tuna poke and shaved ice. Upgraded ticket options allow guests to enjoy access to a beer garden featuring a wide selection of craft beers and Oktoberfest-inspired cuisine. The evening causeway event runs from 5:30pm – 9:00pm on Oct 26 and Oct. 27 and the Sunday Bubbles Brunch take places Oct. 28.
It’s not too late to start planning your visit to the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic! Fill out the form below, or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best available rate offered by Disney. As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at MickeyTravelsHolly@gmail.com, or follow along on Facebook.