When traveling to Walt Disney World many people think they have paid for their vacation once they pay their travel agent. When staying on property, the agent usually takes care of the hotel, transportation, and tickets. If free dining is offered, your dining is paid for as well! If you travel when WDW is not offering free dining, you will have to pay for that in the parks. I know Chip is a big fan of Tables in Wonderland… One thing that people often fail to remember is tipping. I have asked several people what they feel proper tipping is at Walt Disney World and here is the consensus:
At the hotel:
- Bellhop- $2 first bag, $1 per additional bag, $2 additional service
- Concierge- $5 if they take care of Tickets and Reservations. (no tip required when you ask for directions)
- Doorman- $1 per bag, $1 hailing a cab (tip extra for holding an umbrella or handling extra heavy bags)
- Mousekeeping (housekeeping) – $1 per person per day, no less than $2 per day. (Tip daily. The same maid may not service your room each day. If you wait until the last day the tip may not go to the proper people.)
At the spa:
- Shampoo- $2
- Hair Stylist/ Barber- 15-20% of bill
- Massage- 10-20% of bill
- Manicure- 15-20% of bill
At the restaurant:
- Waiter- 10-20% of bill (parties of 6 or more and parties using Tables in Wonderland have an automatic 18% gratuity added to the bill.)
- Bartender- 15-20% of bill (minimum of 50 cents per soft drink, $1 per alcoholic drink)
- Taxi Driver- 15-20% of bill ($1 minimum. If the driver is loading your bags, $2 for first bag, $1 for the second.)
- Food Delivery– 10-15% of bill
- Parking Valet $2-$5 (Tip when the car is returned to you, not at drop off.)
Do you feel these are proper amounts for tipping? Don’t forget, for those cast members who do an exceptional job and you can’t tip (photopass photographers, attraction attendants, bus drivers, etc.) always stop by guest relations and complete a guest compliment card for the cast member. Don’t forget to remember the cast members name and where they are working so the right person will get the compliment!
- Look for New Disney World Park Maps Starting March 3, 2013 (chipandco.com)
- Events & Attractions for Easter 2013 at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!