Walt Disney World allows parents of special needs children to use a stroller as wheelchair. The stroller will be treated just like it is a wheelchair allowing you to use special entrances as needed. It will also allow your child to stay in the stroller when other strollers have to be parked, allowing you to take it all the way to the loading area at attractions.If you are planning on using a stroller as a wheelchair for your child at Walt Disney World here are a few tips.
- Stop by guest relations and pick up a guest assistance card. The type of card you get will depend on the needs of your child.
- Also ask for the red stroller as a wheelchair tag.
- When you come to attractions that have stroller parking, just show the tag and your guest assistance card to the cast members. They will open up the line and let you continue with your stroller.
- On attractions where the loading and unloading areas are in different places, the cast members will take your stroller to unloading area for you.
- If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask the cast members.
Thank you to Lucinda at Without a Care in the World for allowing me to use her photo.
- Walt Disney World’s Guest Assistance Card (disneyonwheelsblog.com)
- Disney World Quick Tips for Parents with Children under 3 (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Ring In The New Year at The Edison in Disney Springs - December 3, 2021
- DVC Members can sign up for special fireworks viewing at Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party - December 3, 2021
- New Spider-Man No Way Home Movie Posters - December 3, 2021