The epic second installment of the latest Star Wars trilogy is now available on Disney Digital, and coming soon to Blu-Ray and DVD! My family was over the moon (or moons) to have the opportunity to review the Star Wars: The Last Jedi Blu-Ray + Digital copy. Not only does this set bring home to incredible story of The Last Jedi, it’s packed full of bonus features too!
The film welcomes the return of original characters, including Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Yoda, R2-D2 and C-3PO and further explores the deepening journey of the saga’s new members, Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo Ren. The movie was just as incredible as when we saw it in theaters, and I still got teary eyed the moment Carrie Fisher came on screen. We sat down and had a fun family night complete with Star Wars popcorn buckets, and souvenir cups, as has become our family tradition.
The bonus features were truly an extra treat. I really enjoyed the Snoke and Mirrors scene breakdown, that explained the detailed process of creating the mysterious master of the Dark Side, Supreme Leader Snoke. My other favorite feature was of course, the deleted scenes! Although not every scene makes it to the main film, it’s always very interesting to see some of the scenes that were left out, imagine how things might have turned out if they had stayed.
- The Director and the Jedi: Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force: Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns:
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors: Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait: Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only): Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes: With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary: View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
The Star Wars: The Last Jedi Blu-Ray + Digital copy brought home all the action and adventure of the movie, plus deleted scenes and an amazing look behind the scenes. Star Wars: The Last Jedi is available now digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and via Movies Anywhere, and you can bring home the DVD, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, and Blu-ray disc March 27!
Latest posts by Danielle L (see all)
- Introducing Top Disney, 100 Lists Of The Best Of Disney - April 23, 2019
- New Mickey and Minnie Mouse Kipling Collection Is In The House - April 23, 2019
- The Genie Fashion Backpack Is A Stylish Wish Granted - April 22, 2019