Named one of the top films of 2015 by AFI, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which stormed into theaters just 20 days ago, is breaking records in every category. The latest announcement is that The Force Awakens just became the Number One film surpassing Avatar’s record of $760.5 million in lifetime gross sales.
As of January 5th, the film has grossed $800 million in international box office numbers and $758.2M domestically, for a grand total of $1,558.2 million since its global debut.
Listed below are the numbers showing all the records, Star Wars: The Force Awakens has broken to date:
- Fastest film to reach $100 million in 21 hours, $200 million in 3 days, $300 million reached in 5 days, $400 million was hit at day 8, $500 million in 10 days, $600 million was achieved in 12 days and $700 million mark within 16 days, with the latest $800 million in 20 days of release date.
- Biggest all-time debut and biggest December debut ($247.966 million)
- Biggest second weekend of all time ($149.2 million)
- Biggest third weekend of all time ($90.2 million)
- Biggest Thursday preview gross ($57 million)
- Biggest Friday, opening, and single day ($119.1 million)
- Biggest Sunday ($60.55 milion)
- Biggest Monday ($40.1 million)
- Biggest Tuesday ($37.3 million)
- Biggest Christmas Day ($49.3 million)
- Biggest New Year’s Day ($34.39 million)
- Highest per-theater average for a wide debut ($59,982)
- Biggest opening week ($390.85 million)
- Biggest IMAX debut ($30.1 million)
World wide the film has hit record highs as well including, highest global opening weekend of all time ($528.967 million), passing the $1 billion mark in a record 12 days, biggest global IMAX debut ($48 million) with a high of $152 million in IMAX in a record 19 days. It was the highest international film debut in December history at $281 million and holds the number one spot in 18 major markets world wide. With the final debut in two days in China, we can expect to see these numbers soar even higher. Disney Addicts…what did you think of Star Wars: The Force Awakens? Is it one of your favorites?
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!