To honor Star Wars Day – May the Fourth, Pandora looked at the most popular tracks and trends from all of the Star Wars soundtracks! Some of the findings might surprise you—stats below.
Let me know if you have any questions or need additional insight.
Here are their findings:
- Apparently Pandora listeners are also huge Star Wars fans… over 750,000 users have added a John Williams stations, and his music has spun over 446 million times.
- In terms of theme songs, Darth’s is more popular hands down—“The Imperial March” has nearly 7 million spins, with “Princess Leia’s Theme” coming in second with over 880,000 spins, and “Yoda’s Theme” with over 400,000 spins.
- Main Title or End Credits? According to track spins across all versions of both, End Credits has 19.5+ million spins, and Main Title has 9.6+ million spins.
Across all of the soundtracks, here’s a ranking of the top spinning songs:
1. Duel of The Fates (Episode I): 10.6 million
2. The Imperial March (Episode V): 6.7 million
3. Battle of the Heroes (Episode III): 4.1 million
4. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan (Episode III): 3.6 million
5. Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith (Episode III): 3.4 million
6. Anakin’s Betrayal (Episode III): 2.7 million
7. Across the Stars (Episode II): 2.3 million
8. Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious (Episode III): 2.1 million
9. Enter Lord Vader (Episode III): 2 million
10. Imperial Attack (Episode IV): 1.8 million
How did you celebrate Star Wars Day?