There are so many Disney World Resorts to choose from, it’s hard to decide on the perfect one… but you don’t have to just pick one for your vacation! My family always does a “split stay” between two different resorts to experience more, and to change it up a bit. We can go from the African Savanna (Animal Kingdom Lodge) to a Hawaiian Paradise (Polynesian Village Resort) in just a week! We do 4-5 days at one, then move to another.
Why book a split stay?
- If there are no rooms open at your favorite resort for your entire stay, do a week there and a week somewhere else! It opens up more room availability.
- Stay at a Moderate to save some money, and then upgrade to a Deluxe on the days you go Magic Kingdom, and ride the Monorail there every morning! Saves time and bus rides, and you don’t have to pay the Deluxe rates the whole vacation!
- You can cross two Disney Resorts off your bucket list in one trip!
- If your friends or family join you for only a few days, you can switch to a resort that accommodates larger parties.
- If your family can’t agree on one place (the boys want an AoA Cars Suite, the girls want a POR Royal Room) then a little of each!
How do I book a split stay?
Step 1. Email me at Summer@worldofmagictravel.com and be sure to mention this article.
Step 2. There is no step 2, it’s just that easy!
To me, there’s something comforting about planning and booking with an actual person for a trip that’s even slightly complicated, but really that’s up to you! My services are always free and I help you every step of the way. You will get two confirmation numbers, and have two deposits, one for each room. But I will take care of all those details.
What will happen when I switch Resorts?
On the morning that you’re done with your first hotel, tell the front desk that you’re going to your second Disney hotel. Bell Services will tag your bags for transfer and give you a receipt. You can then go to the Parks or Downtown while you wait for your room to be ready. They will drop your bags off, in few hours. If you have a car, just check out and drive yourself and your family to the second hotel. *We like to call a Mears Taxi and take our bags with us.* It was only $6+tip for the 4 of us to go from Pop Century to Caribbean Beach, and took about 5 minutes!
Do my Park tickets carry over to my second resort stay?
Yep! If your trip is 8 days long, and you are at Port Orleans for 4 days, and then the Contemporary for 4 days, I will add 8 tickets on your first package and they will be good for all 8 days. It is MUCH cheaper to buy an 8-day ticket rather than two 4-day tickets ($512 for two 4-day tickets vs. $298 for one eight-day ticket)
It may sound confusing, but it’s not! I will help you plan out your split stay step-by-step. I have done it for all my personal trips, so I know firsthand how it’s done. If you’d like free price quotes to get you started on your Walt Disney World getaway, please contact me at Summer@WorldofMagicTravel.com. I will show you how to have 2 unique experiences in one vacation!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.