It all started with a mouse, and this month everyone is celebrating Mickey’s 90th Anniversary! Disney Springs and Downtown Disney District are also getting in on the celebration with limited time Special Offerings for the big occasion.
The #ShareYourEars Program isn’t something Disney fans are unfamiliar with, but this year there’s even more ways to Share your Mousey side. At Disney Springs, a new photo backdrop was recently installed on the West Side, while at Downtown Disney District, you can find it near the Downtown Disney LIVE! stage.
Even the LEGO Store at both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney are getting in on the celebration with a LEGO Mystery Build celebrating Mickey Mouse. Taking place November 16-18 at The LEGO Store at both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney, guests will be able to add to a LEGO mural that will come together as LEGO blocks are added! This mural will reveal new artwork that was custom-created for Mickey’s 90th Anniversary.
Lego and #ShareYourEars aren’t the only exciting offerings to find at Disney Springs and Downtown Disney for Mickey’s 90th. Lots of retailers at Disney Springs and Downtown Disney are also sharing masterpieces of their own. New collections and products honoring 90 years of Mickey Mouse can be found throughout both areas.
The list below highlights a few of favorites revealed by Disney Parks Blog:
- Art of Disney (Disney Springs) will host a “Celebration of the Mouse” Artist Event – Friday, November 16, kicking off a weekend of festivities. Guests will have the opportunity to meet acclaimed Disney artists Brian Blackmore, Doug Bolly, Don “Ducky” Williams, and Darren Wilson from 6 – 9 p.m. EST as we launch a new art program celebrating Mickey. Doug Bolly, Alex Maher, and Don “Ducky” Williams will also be available on Friday, December 7 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST and Sunday, December 9 from 12 – 3 p.m. EST to keep the celebration going.
- Curl by Sammy Duvall (Disney Springs) and Curl Surf (Downtown Disney District) – Guests can find watches featuring “Mickey the True Original” by Nixon as well as a Mickey and Minnie-inspired shoes from the new “Disney x Vans” collection.
- The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane at Marketplace Co-Op (Disney Springs) and The Disney Dress Shop (Downtown Disney District) – New Mickey Mouse Dooney & Bourke Bag and a matching “Mickey Through the Years” dress and MagicBand will be released on November 18.
- Ever After Jewelry Co. & Accessories (Disney Springs) – Mickey’s Birthday Watch and a Sugarfina co-branded release, both available on November 17.
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co. (Disney Springs) – Newly released Mickey’s 90th Anniversary Blend, a smooth, medium-roasted coffee that is part of the new “Disney Coffee Collection”, also coming soon to select Joffrey’s stores nationwide.
- Havaianas (Disney Springs) – New collection that features illustrations representing each decade of Mickey Mouse. The Opening Edition Style, featuring a mix of two icons with the signature Havaianas striped sole and Mickey Mouse ears, will launch on Mickey’s birthday on November 18. A new style will also be released every Monday through January 21, 2019.
- Lacoste (Disney Springs) – Store windows featuring the newest “Disney x Lacoste” fashions. On November 18, 2018, there will also be an in-store event with fun photo backdrops, candy, and more.
- Levi’s (Disney Springs) The brand has partnered with Snapchat to offer their Disney Springs guests the opportunity to purchase a limited-edition Mickey Mouse hat, part of the new collection.
- PANDORA – Limited-edition Disney dangle charm in sterling silver, detailed with a 14k gold number “90” will be available at both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney, while supplies last.
- UNIQLO (Disney Springs) – New “Mickey Stands Collection” is now in store. To support the launch, the store will be adding extra entertainment with traditional Japanese drummers and brand ambassadors select weekend dates in November and December from 4 – 9 p.m. with the first activation taking place on Saturday, November 17.
- WonderGround Gallery at Marketplace Co-Op (Disney Springs) – “Celebration of the Mouse” – Artist Event November 16 – 18 and December 7 – 9. WonderGround artists Dave Perillo and Kristin Tercek will be available to meet Guests and sign their newest Mickey pieces November 16 – 17 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST and November 18 from 12 – 3 p.m. EST. Matt Hawkins and Bill Robinson will be appearing December 7 – 8 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST and December 9 from 12 – 3 p.m. EST.
World of Disney will be celebrating too! On November 17 the stores at both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney District will offer event tees, commemorative Mickey plush and a new Sugarfina co-branded product release.
At Disney Springs the weekend will include Happy Birthday music and shout-outs from DJs and performers in addition to special photo backdrops from Disney PhotoPass Photographers. Disney Springs will also have complimentary buttons near the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail, Amorette’s Patisserie, Marketplace Co-Op, and Art of Disney.
With so many exciting Special Offerings to Celebrate Mickey’s Birthday at Disney Springs and Downtown Disney District which one will you choose first?
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!