The Sounds Like Summer concert series returns to Epcot beginning June 12 featuring tribute bands that will bring back the sounds of decades of summers gone by. Opening with Hotel California — A Salute to the Eagles, June’s lineup of bands will also “play” tribute to the timeless tunes of the Bee Gees and Bon Jovi.
“The key thing about tribute bands is that their intention is to reproduce, as closely as possible, the music of the artist whose work they are celebrating,” explains Associate Creative Director Alan Bruun of Walt Disney World Entertainment. “It’s not an impersonation, which mimics the personality and visual aspect of a star, or a cover band that puts their own spin on a song. A tribute band goes for authenticity. Each band that performs as part of the Sounds Like Summer concert series has received written authorization from the band whose music they play.”
Sounds Like Summer concerts are under the skies of the open-air America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase at Epcot. Show times are 5:45, 7 and 8:15 p.m. Here’s the June lineup (subject to change without notice):
June 12-18: Hotel California ~ A Salute to the Eagles
June 19-25: Stayin’ Alive ~ A Tribute to the Bee Gees
June 26-July 2: Slippery When Wet ~ The Ultimate Bon Jovi Tribute
Sounds Like Summer concerts are included with Epcot admission. Additional information is available at Disneyworld.com.
- Breaking News: The British Invasion to end Epcot run April 30 (chipandco.com)
- Disney Confidential – Brazil Pavilion Coming to Epcot (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2021 Begins Tonight - September 3, 2021
- First look at the new Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure line of merch coming soon! - September 3, 2021
- First look at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and France Pavilion Expansion - September 3, 2021