If you have plans to visit Disney Springs and Walt Disney World this month, make sure to stop by The Edison and check out their burger-of-the-month for June – The Electric Garden Burger featuring “The Impossible Burger.” The Edison’s Electric Garden Burger is made with the “Impossible Burger” patty and topped with tempura fried avocados, mushrooms, local sweet and spicy pickles, and harissa cocktail sauce.
The “Impossible Burger” is 100% meatless and made entirely from plants (patty itself is vegan). It’s nut-free, and dairy-free, but contains gluten and soy. The meaty flavor comes from a combination of ingredients, but mainly it comes from heme – a molecule found in all living things that give meat (and the burger) it’s unmistakably meaty flavor. It’s juicy and delicious!
The following are some additional cool facts about The Edison’s Impossible Burger:
- The Edison’s regular Impossible Burger is topped with lettuce, tomato, pickle, and onion, on a Kaiser roll. It is always on the menu while other burgers in the monthly series are exclusively offered during that particular month.
- The patty sizzles like real beef in the pan.
- The Impossible Burger matches the levels of protein and iron found in beef. It has about the same calories, less total fat (with slightly higher saturated fat from coconut oil) and is completely cholesterol-free.
- It’s primarily made from wheat protein, potato protein, coconut oil, and heme (the molecule that gives meat its color and flavor).
- The Impossible Burger is remarkably more efficient when compared to beef and uses 95% less land, 74% less water and creates 87% less greenhouse gas emissions. To put it into perspective that’s equal to one 10-minute shower, 14 driving miles, and 75 square feet of land.
Let’s start planning your visit to Walt Disney World! Fill out the form below, or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best available rate offered by Disney. As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at MickeyTravelsHolly@gmail.com, or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Holly R (see all)
- Walt Disney World Florida Resident Discount Released for This Fall and Holiday Season - August 21, 2018
- Digital Key Feature via the My Disney Experience App Now Available at All Walt Disney World Resort Hotels - August 21, 2018
- Construction Walls Up Around the Chinese Theater in Disney’s Hollywood Studios - August 21, 2018