San Fransokyo Square Officially Opens Today at Disney’s California Adventure
Opening on August 31, 2023, at Disney’s California Adventure, the San Fransokyo Square is a captivating attraction situated within the Disneyland Resort. Drawing inspiration from the dynamic city showcased in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ acclaimed film “Big Hero 6,” this revitalized space offers an array of captivating sights, immersive shopping experiences, and delectable cuisine.
Bringing to life a futuristic vision not far from our present, San Fransokyo Square ingeniously merges two iconic metropolises – San Francisco and Tokyo. Visitors are transported into this imaginative blend of cultures, where they can engage with the brilliant young inventor Hiro Hamada and his endearing healthcare companion robot, Baymax.
At the heart of this remarkable setting stands the towering San Fransokyo Gate Bridge, an impressive 54-foot structure that spans across tide pools, seamlessly connecting the coastal plaza to the elegant obelisk of Paradise Gardens Park. Stepping into the vibrant marketplace, guests are greeted by local establishments adorned with expressive street art and vibrant banners, all commemorating the triumph of the Big Hero 6 team over Yokai.
- Hamada Bot Shop – Guests have the opportunity to interact with Hiro and Baymax outside a converted warehouse, where the Big Hero 6 team builds their hi-tech gear.
- The Bakery Tour – A behind-the-scenes tour of a real bakery gives a look – and taste – of how the world-famous Boudin sourdough bread is made.
The diverse array of food and beverages in San Fransokyo Square includes guest favorites and new creations inspired by Asian cuisine, as well as the Big Hero 6 themselves.
- Aunt Cass Café – The second bakery café operated by Hiro’s loving aunt serves dishes, soups in freshly-baked Boudin sourdough bread bowls and more inspired by Japanese cuisine.
- Port of San Fransokyo Cervecería – This new location draws inspiration from its tri-cultural influences with signage in English, Japanese and Spanish. An inviting beer garden makes a relaxing setting for guests to enjoy snacks and those 21 and older to sip on a selection of alcoholic beverages.
- Lucky Fortune Cookery – Foodies of all ages can choose from a delicious menu of dishes and beverages with Japanese, Vietnamese and Korean influences.
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill – A variety of street tacos, specialty beverages and a special street corn bring Mexican flair to San Fransokyo Square.
- Rita’s Turbine Blenders – Featuring margaritas and icy beverages, this refreshment stand is named after the repair technician who maintains the floating wind turbine, resembling a giant koi fish, that sits atop the structure.
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop – Hot fudge, made with melted Ghirardelli chocolate, sits atop signature sundaes, ice cream cones, shakes and more.
- Cappuccino Cart – A cart near the San Fransokyo Gate Bridge offers energizing pick-me-ups presented by Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea Company, such as cold brew, espressos, coffee cocktails and more.
Bring home the memories with a fun memento of your visit to San Fransokyo Square!
- San Fransokyo Maker’s Market – Situated on robot storage cases with decommissioned bots on display, this storefront is stocked with apparel, homewares and more featuring Baymax and friends.
- Collectible medallions – A vending machine dispenses collectible golden medallions depicting Baymax and other iconic images from San Fransokyo.
- Pan Pacific Pin Traders – Guests can shop and trade at this “pin-credible” port of call near the San Fransokyo Gate Bridge.
Check out this video:
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!