The Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon is celebrating 10 years this weekend!
Wine, dine and celebrate your run with your favorite Disney characters, delicious food and a post race party after your 5k on November 1, 10k and kid races on November 2 and the half marathon on November 3.
And to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon here is a top 10 of the best moments during these past years:
- 2010: The first Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon was held on October 2, 2010 and it was the first one at night and to involve a relay option.
- 2010-2012: Anton Van Zyle is one of two people in runDisney history to win three consecutive half marathons! He won in 2010, 2011 and 2012 making him the only male to have won the race more then once. Way to go Anton!
- 2014: The youngest participant to win a half marathon was Chris Sorrick at the age of 21.
- 2016: This year runDisney added two new events, the 10k and the Lumiere’s Two Course Challenge.
- 2016: Jason Simpson from Boulder, Colorado set the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon course record with a time of 1:10:24.
- 2016: Walter Beckman, a determined blind runner from Pensacola completed the Lumiere’s Challenge and is coming back to run during the 10th anniversary weekend!
- 2017: Giovanna Martins from Brazil was the first woman to be the overall winner of a runDisney half marathon race with a time of 1:19:22.
- 2017: Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom opened its doors for the 5k and half marathon courses for the first time.
- 2017: For the first time in event history, runDisney used the cast of the Adventurer’s Club both on course and during the post race party.
Don’t forget to visit the Health & Fitness Expo at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex from October 31 to November 2 to get exclusive merchandise and innovative tech and gear to encourage health and fitness!
If you are not running but still want to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon you can join the ChEAR Squad as a spectator to support the runners or attend the Post-Race Party on Sunday night at Epcot! Visit www.runDisney.com to get your tickets.
Credit: DisneyFor more Disney News follow us on Instagram @chipandco on Twitter @chipandcompany and on Facebook or Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
- Kelly Ripa And Ryan Seacrest Share An Up-Close Look At New Disney Face Masks! - May 29, 2020
- Disney Springs “The Daily Poutine” Quick Service Reopens! - May 28, 2020
- Disney’s Kitchen Sink Recipe! - May 26, 2020