Exciting new entertainment, holiday treats and holiday-themed parties are taking place at Disney Parks and Disney Cruise Line. Below is a roundup of the new festivities taking place that will have Disney guests “Jingling All the Way” this holiday season.
Walt Disney World Resort
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration: New to the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage at Magic Kingdom during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Mickey and his pals host some of their friends for an unforgettable Christmas soiree filled with medleys of delightful classic and contemporary holiday songs, and magical holiday projections on Cinderella Castle building to a sensational, snowy finale. (Also available Dec. 23 – 31 during regular park operating hours).
- New Holidays Around the World Marketplaces – Explore what the Holidays Around the World at Epcot taste like around the globe at five new marketplaces: indulge in duck confit and dumplings from the Alpine Haus Marketplace, celebrate with the shredded beef tamale from the Three Kings Feast Marketplace, toast with Williams Punch from the Germany Marketplace, and more.
DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! – An all-new nighttime spectacular premieres at Disney’s Hollywood Studios 14-Dec. 31, sending beloved Disney animated characters on a spirited yuletide adventure to get Santa back to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve. “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” combines state-of-the-art projections, fireworks, special effects and Christmas music to create a dazzling, one-of-a-kind holiday experience for guests – capped by a special message from Santa himself.
- “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Holiday Party – Also a new dessert party themed to the show will be offered nightly, one hour prior to each performance, in the courtyard of the Chinese Theater. Guests who book the “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Holiday Party enjoy holiday snacks, decadent desserts and specialty beverages.
•Santa Claus – New for 2016 is the opportunity to meet Santa Claus at the Once Upon a Time The beautiful, vintage setting reflects the bygone days of Santa’s visits to the great department stores of the U.S.
- Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration: Watch as hundreds of lighted show drones take to the nighttime sky at Disney Springs with remarkable new technology.
- Disney Springs’ Christmas Tree Trail: To capture the spirit of the holidays, Marketplace guests can stroll among 15 custom decorated holiday trees, each dedicated to a popular Disney theme.
- Once Upon a Toy Fountain – At the “Once Upon a Toy” Fountain (Marketplace), toys have magically come alive for an interactive holiday dance party nightly on the plaza. There’s pin trading, a nightly tree lighting ceremony and more.
DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
- Festival of Holidays– The new Festival of Holidays celebrates time-honored traditions and heartwarming experiences inspired by holiday festivals around the world. Guests at the Festival of Holidays will discover something fun around every corner – from delicious, internationally inspired food and beverages at 14 themed festival marketplaces to music, dance and diverse cultural holiday celebrations, including the popular Disney ¡Viva Navidad! The global sounds of special guest musical groups will ring throughout the festival, and the young and young-at-heart will celebrate with some of their favorite Disney characters.
- “World of Color – Season of Light”– The all-new nighttime spectacular, “World of Color – Season of Light,” immerses guests in the warmth and heartfelt spirit of the holidays. Powerful fountains shoot water up to 200 feet high, creating massive water screens to take guests through a sparkling winter fantasy. The brilliant show combines classic holiday songs, humor and memorable moments from treasured Disney animated films to entertain the entire family.
- Princess Elena – Princess Elena, the first Disney Princess inspired by diverse Latin American cultures, will make her Disneyland Resort debut in a colorful cavalcade during the Festival of Holidays. The brave teenager from the Disney Channel series “Elena of Avalor” will perform musical numbers and also meet with guests in a character greeting area in the park.
- Guests return to Disneyland park year after year to experience beloved Holiday traditions, from “A Christmas Fantasy” parade to glistening décor, Disney-themed treats and holiday entertainment. Guests also enjoy the one-of-a-kind transformations that create “it’s a small world” Holiday, Jingle Cruise and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- This year, Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle returns for the first time since 2014, with magical nighttime snowfall moments that conclude with “Believe … in Holiday Magic” fireworks and its stirring snowfall finale.
Disney Cruise Line
VERY MERRY-TIME CRUISES
This holiday season, give a gift that’s both nautical and nice: a cruise on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream or Disney Fantasy, all decked out with holiday cheer. Starting early November, Disney Cruise Line adds sparkle to each ship during Very Merrytime Cruises, with traditional “turkey day” fanfare, Christmas feasts, “snow flurries” and New Year’s Eve galas. But the best part might just be relaxing on deck instead of shoveling snow. During these voyages, special stem-to-stern events include:
- “Mickey’s Tree-Lighting Magic”in the atrium lobby on the first night of the cruise, where Disney characters lead holiday carols and the lighting of the glittering, three-deck-tall tree.
- “Santa’s Winter Wonderland Ball” in the atrium lobby, where Disney cruisers welcome the guests of honor, Santa and Mrs. Claus, with a grand celebration featuring Broadway-style entertainment, favorite Disney characters and classic holiday tunes. This evening of enchantment is made complete when a special pair of royal sisters joins the party and causes a flurry of “frozen” fun as a magical snowfall overtakes the atrium.
- Dickens-inspired carolers carrying the spirit of the holidays throughout the ship while singing holiday classics, sometimes with the help of favorite Disney friends. At the end of the cruise, children will have the opportunity to join the carolers onstage for a special farewell show.
- Family holiday activities including building gingerbread houses and meeting Santa Claus.
- Youth holiday crafts such as decorating stockings and gingerbread men cookies, making holiday cards and creating holiday animation cells.
- “Deck the Deck Holiday Party,” a tropical celebration with Disney friends leading games such as hula hooping and limbo under oversized candy canes, along with dances for the whole family like the “Yuletide Slide” and a conga line around the pool.
- A special holiday edition of the cheerful farewell celebration on the final night of the cruise, with beloved Disney characters and the ship’s crew in an engaging musical finale led by Mickey Mouse.
Contact email@example.com or visit my Facebook page here to start planning your Disney vacation during the 2016 or 2017 holiday season. All of my planning services are 100% FREE and can help save you both time and money!
Photo Credit: wdwnews.com, disneylandnews.com, dclnews.com
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!