Disney Hollywood Studios reopens next week on July 15. A few months before the Disney World parks closed, the newest Star Wars attraction, Rise of the Resistance, opened. Guests wishing to experience this ride needed to reserve a spot in the virtual queue.
For guests with upcoming Disney Park Pass reservations to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we have an update about Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will once again be using virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app. The most important update is that – as availability allows – guests will have an opportunity at 10 am, 1 pm, and 4 pm to request to join the virtual queue.
There are a few important details to know before arriving:
- First, make sure to download the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, you’ll need to log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
- Once logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. This is where guests will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time.
- As long as a guest’s My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for themselves and the others in their group, a guest can enroll their entire party in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Guests should make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so they will be alerted if their group is called to return. Guests will have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist. While waiting for a virtual queue group to be called, guests can enjoy other experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios including our newest addition, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Some California theme parks are considering legal action to speed up reopening - October 22, 2020
- Must See: Spooky Disney-themed Halloween House in California - October 21, 2020
- Florida Residents Save Up to 35% on Rooms at Select Disney Resort Hotels for Early 2021 - October 21, 2020