Disney Hollywood Studios reopens next week on July 15. A few months before the Disney World parks closed, the newest Star Wars attraction, Rise of the Resistance, opened. Guests wishing to experience this ride needed to reserve a spot in the virtual queue.
For guests with upcoming Disney Park Pass reservations to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we have an update about Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will once again be using virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app. The most important update is that – as availability allows – guests will have an opportunity at 10 am, 1 pm, and 4 pm to request to join the virtual queue.
There are a few important details to know before arriving:
- First, make sure to download the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, you’ll need to log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
- Once logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. This is where guests will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time.
- As long as a guest’s My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for themselves and the others in their group, a guest can enroll their entire party in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Guests should make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so they will be alerted if their group is called to return. Guests will have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist. While waiting for a virtual queue group to be called, guests can enjoy other experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios including our newest addition, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Disney World & Universal Orlando Accident & Injury Report for 3rd quarter of 2021 - October 18, 2021
- New Disney World permit suggests daytime parades might be returning soon - October 18, 2021
- New lobby area refurbishment at Old Key West Resort is now complete - October 18, 2021