It’s looking like Han Solo’s Millennium Falcon is experiencing more than just hyperdrive failure today. A nationwide internet outage is hitting multiple cities across America. It’s also effecting parts of Walt Disney World. Disney’s Hollywood Studios got hit by the internet outage early this morning. As a result, the theme park is unable to distribute boarding passes for the popular Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction.
So far today:
• Rise of the Resistance virtual queue opened early at 9:24 am (nobody was able to join it, don't worry)
• My Plans on My Disney Experience not working
• Park Pass Reservation System not working
• Rise of the Resistance virtual queue didn't open at 10 am
— Drew the Disney Dude (@DrewDisneyDude) August 30, 2020
To recap, the boarding passes unexpectedly dropped around 9:24 AM today for anyone inside the park. However, no one was able to join. Then no boarding passes were being released at the scheduled 10:00 AM time slot. Disney guests are finding out how the outage delayed other parts of Disney’s Hollywood Studios from opening on time.
Many guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios are confused over the events taking place this morning. Disney is currently working on addressing the Internet issue and updating guests when more information becomes available.
Those at Disney World property are seeing the following notification when they open up the “My Disney Experience“ app.
The notification reads:
Some of our digital experiences may be unavailable at this time. We’re actively working to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Got up at 7 to get to Hollywood Studios before opening and Rise of the Resistance reservation system is down 😫
— Brad D (@braddewhat) August 30, 2020
At this point, there’s no word on whether boarding passes will be released today at 2:00 PM. Disney is still working on the situation and will let others know when it’s fixed.
We are still following the situation at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We will let our fans know of any further developments.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Black Velvet Cupcake is back at Sprinkles Cupcakes in Disney Springs - October 15, 2021
- 50th Anniversary Celebration Shakers now at Disney Springs - October 14, 2021
- Animal Kingdom Character Float receieve 50th Anniversary Makeover - October 13, 2021