“Mickey and the Magical Map” is the newest addition to a long list of live entertainment in the theme parks of the Disneyland Resort. Resort guests enjoy a variety of live performances, and many youngsters get their first taste of live theater in Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park. Even with all the spectacular rides and attractions in the parks, a Disneyland Resort guest could spend a full day and night simply enjoying the shows, large and small.
Fantasy Faire, near Sleeping Beauty Castle, also features two live shows at Disneyland: “Beauty and the Beast” and “Tangled,” presented in the Royal Theatre in Fantasy Faire.
Throughout Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, guests encounter parades, dance parties, street performances, musical groups and live shows virtually at every turn. A full list of entertainment is available each day at the park entrances and may include the following:
- “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” – Presented daily, it features beloved Disney characters performing to a variety of rhythms and musical styles.
- “Fantasmic!” – The spectacular long-running show features Disney characters and magical images projected on water, presented on the Rivers of America in Frontierland.
- “Jedi Training Academy” at Tomorrowland Terrace
- “Magical,” the summer fireworks show over Sleeping Beauty Castle
At Disney California Adventure
- “World of Color” – The innovative and immersive nighttime spectacular presented on Paradise Bay combines water, color, fire, music and animation.
- “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” – The thrilling, live stage adaptation of “Aladdin,” is presented in the Hyperion Theater.
- “Pixar Play Parade” – The lively playtime parade performs daily, with favorite Disney•Pixar pals.
- “Mad T Party” – A hip, high-energy nighttime experience filled with music, games and dancing happens in Hollywood Land.
- “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!” – Mickey Mouse is joined by favorite Disney Junior show characters, now including Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First.
Parade routes and theatrical venues aren’t the only places where Disneyland Resort guests encounter live entertainment. There are magical encounters with live Disney and Disney•Pixar characters, and the parks are filled with many other energetic and talented performers.
At Disneyland, the Disneyland Band, the Dapper Dans quartet and the Refreshment Corner Piano Player are all on view on Main Street, U.S.A. In New Orleans Square, the toe-tapping shows star the rowdy piratical Bootstrappers, the Jambalaya Jazz Band and the mellow Royal Street Bachelors. At the entrance to the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland, guests may encounter the goofy Laughing Stock Company while, down the trail in Big Thunder Ranch, Miss Chris and her friends entertain at Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue. Each summer, guest bands play popular music for dancing at the Tomorrowland Terrace stage, and the gifted musicians of the All American College Band appear on Main Street, U.S.A.
At Disney California Adventure, Buena Vista Street comes alive with the Red Car News Boys and the outgoing, improvisational Citizens of Buena Vista Street. The swinging jazz combo Five & Dime travels through the park on a makeshift jalopy, and Goofy makes his own kind of music in “Instant Concert! …Just Add Water” on Paradise Bay. Minnie’s Fly Girls Charter Airline in Condor Flats features Minnie Mouse and her crew in a tune-filled “travelogue” of song and dance.
The fun and inventive world of Phineas & Ferb comes to life in “Phineas & Ferb’s Rockin’ Rollin’ Dance Party” along the walkway of Paradise Pier. On the nearby Paradise Garden Bandstand, musical acts reflecting diverse cultures and nationalities share their unique talents. Green Army Men from “Toy Story” patrol the park with “Operation: Playtime!” and the Grammy-winning Mariachi Divas perform regularly in the outdoor dining area of Pacific Wharf.
At Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, the wilderness recreation area in Grizzly Peak, guests may encounter The Happy Camper or view the daily Wilderness Explorer Ceremony in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail amphitheatre.
The new Cars Land in Disney California Adventure offers in-person greetings by Lightning McQueen, tow truck Mater, fire engine Red (who waters flowers and cleans up the streets) and “DJ’s Dance ‘n’ Drive,” a spontaneous street party designed to get everyone dancing.
The live entertainment experience at Disneyland Resort extends beyond the borders of the parks, with character meals and occasional musical entertainment at the Disneyland Resort hotels, and multiple live musical performances along the walkways of the Downtown Disney dining, shopping and entertainment district. Downtown Disney also offers live entertainment at the House of Blues and Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust