Disney recently increased pricing on multiple offerings across the Walt Disney World Resort from park tickets to VIP tours. It seems to be an annual thing for Disney to raise their prices and we’ve got the breakdown on all the recent increases.
Walt Disney World Tickets
Certain theme park tickets received a price increase for 2020. The Park Hopper option (which allows you to visit multiple parks in one day) now costs more than ever before to add to your park ticket. The Park Hopper Plus option (which allows you to visit multiple parks in one day as well as options like water park admission, mini-golf, or ESPN Wide World of Sports) also increased in price. There is also a new type of ticket add-on: the Water Park and Sports add-on (allows guests to visit one park per day plus enjoy a certain number of water park visits or other sports-related fun) which is an additional price.
Here are the prices for Walt Disney World tickets in 2020:
- Park Hopper add-ons now cost an additional $65 per ticket for 1-day tickets, $75 per ticket for 2 to 3-day tickets, and $85 per ticket for 4 to 10-day tickets.
- Park Hopper Plus add-ons now cost an additional $85 per ticket for 1-day tickets, $95 per ticket for 2 to 3-day tickets, and $105 per ticket for 4 to 10-day tickets.
- The new Water Park and Sports add-on costs an additional $70 per ticket.
Walt Disney World Annual Passes
The Disney World Annual Passes received a price increase this year as well. There are many benefits of being a pass holder at Walt Disney World but it does come at a price.
Below are the new prices for Walt Disney World Annual Passes:
- Disney Platinum Plus Pass increased from $1,219 to $1,295
- Disney Platinum Pass increased from $1,119 to $1,195
- Disney Gold Pass (Florida Residents/Disney Vacation Club members) increased from $699 to $719
- Disney Silver Pass (Florida Residents) increased from $519 to $539
- Disney Theme Park Select Pass (Florida Residents) is still $439
- Disney Weekday Select Pass (Florida Residents) increased from $349 to $369
- Epcot After 4 Pass (Florida Residents) increased from $304 to $319
Minnie Van Transportation
The Minnie Van transportation service at Walt Disney World is a convenient way to get around the resort but their prices increased this year as well. It costs $155 to travel to or from the Orlando airport and $249 to travel to or from Port Canaveral. The price of a Minnie Van ride anywhere throughout Walt Disney World Resort property varies depending on the distance, just like Lyft (although Minnie Vans are significantly pricier).
Character Dining Restaurants
Select character dining locations throughout the Walt Disney World Resort have raised their prices for 2020. Character dining is a great option for those that don’t want to wait in long lines to meet their favorite characters. These meals do tend to be more expensive than other meals on property. Below is a list of the character dining meals that have increased in price by $1 per adult and around $3-4 per child:
- The Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom
- Garden Grill at Epcot
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at Epcot
- Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Tusker House at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Cape May Cafe at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- 1900 Park Fare at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Storybook Dining at Artist’s Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney VIP Tours
VIP tours have always been a splurge item but this year they cost even more than they did before. Depending on the time of year, a private VIP tour for up to 10 guests can cost you as low as $425 per hour and as high as $750 per hour. If you have 11 guests (children under three count as a guest on the tour), you will need to pay double per hour, as that will require a second tour guide. The price varies depending on the season, so you can save more money by visiting during a less busy time of year.@chipandco or on Twitter @chipandcompany
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.