I heard about an event today that I couldn’t be more excited about–on June 4th at the Hollywood Bowl there will be a live concert of songs from “The Little Mermaid”. The songs from the film will be performed by a live orchestra, and the performers are everything I could have hoped for:
- Sara Bareilles as Ariel
- Rebel Wilson as Ursula
- Titus Burgess as Sebastian
- Darren Criss as Prince Eric
- Norm Lewis as King Triton
- Joshua Colley as Flounder
- John Stamos as Chef Louie
- Alan Menken is billed as a special guest
Sara Bareilles had this to say on getting to perform as Ariel, “I suppose this is the part where I say ‘dreams do come true. I am truly honored and excited beyond words to be a part of a performance of one of my favorite scores and stories of all time. I’ve been pretending I was Ariel in swimming pools since I was a little girl, and now I get to pretend on a bigger stage. This is just fantastic.”
After seeing what seems to be an outstanding concert, you will also get to enjoy a fireworks show and a costume contest (get your “Little Mermaid” themed costumes ready, all you cosplayers!).
Tickets will be available to purchase April 9th at 10 A.M. PST on.
Latest posts by Jessica M (see all)
- Disney Working on Castle Hangnail with Ellen DeGeneres - July 15, 2016
- New Pete’s Dragon Clips Released - July 14, 2016
- Disney Will Receive Tax Break for New Hotel in Anaheim - July 14, 2016