Pooh’s Birthday Surprise is an adorable, educational, and entertaining addition to your iPad or iPhone device.
I was very pleased with the graphics, sound, and opportunity for my three-year old to interact and learn. As you bring up the app, it begins to read a story about Pooh’s birthday and how each of his friends joins in the fun. Some of my favorite features are:
- As the narrator reads, the words are highlighted so your child can “read along.”
- You can choose different story frames to accomplish fun activities. For example, if you child shakes the device while Pooh is dusting his house for friends to come over, after the dust poofs go away, Pooh’s shelves are clean. In the last frame, you can shake the device so Tigger bounces. When he bounces, he shakes things off the party table. Then, the narrator encourages your child to “Put the red hat back on the table.” A simple swipe of their little finger, and the party hat is back where it should be.
- Concepts such as colors, size, order can be reinforced by choosing a different story frame and completing the prompted task.
- The music is pleasant to listen to in the background, but there is an option to turn it off.
- Young Reader mode shows arrows at the bottom of the screen for your child to tap when he/she is ready to turn the page. No swiping necessary!
Disney has given me another way to entertain my daughter while she is learning! I think that downloading the Pooh’s Birthday Surprise App to your iPad or iPhone is a great idea!
Carrie writes here on Chip and Co and also on My Favorite Finds. There you can find the best organization,recipes, Disney travel tips, and crafts. Stop by and check out all of her great ways to find the joy in the everyday!
- Pooh’s Birthday Surprise on Sale in the App Store (chipandco.com)
- The Tigger Movie Bounce-A-Riffic Special Edition Review (chipandco.com)