Enter the Tree of Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and make the transition from human to bug when you watch It’s Tough to be a Bug!®. For this 3D adventure you will have to slip on your “bug eyes” 3D glasses to see clearly.
- The film is 8 minutes long and you will be seated on backed wooden benches. They are not particularly comfortable, but you will be off your feet.
- There are in theatre effects that will turn this 3D show into a 4D experience. Sit near the back if you are nervous about the affects of these effects.
- If you watch the wait board or plan to visit early you can walk right in. However, since the show is less than 10 minutes, you rarely have to wait more than half an hour.
- There is a CastMember at the entrance to park your stroller for you.
- Keep young children on your lap, and sit near the back of the theater, to lessen the 4D effect intensity.
Even though It’s a Bug’s Life has friendly bugs-and is an adorable Disney movie-this attraction that brings it to life can be very intense for young children. Be prepared for it to be loud, and for your children to be startled by the 4D effects. We suggest taking children on it who are older than 5, but it’s entirely the choice of the parents. Even though it is a family friendly attraction, it gets intense-Disney magic makes you feel like you are right there with the bugs!
Quick Tip: Take some time to look through the waiting area of It’s Tough to Be a Bug and the roots of the Tree of Life. There are so many fun carvings and pictures to enjoy! Flick can often be found near the Tree of Life for a meet and greet.
Ovearll, we give this attraction a “B”.
One thought on “It’s Tough to be a Bug”
This is a really cute show, my dad and I loved it. My mom decided to exit with my daughter (3 at the time) midway thru because my little one was a little freaked out. It all depends on the child. My son will be almost the age she was when we go back in Nov and I do plan to take him. Each child is different. He (unfortunately) likes to play with bugs he finds outside, so he should not be freaked out in the least. The ending is the best! Hopefully no one gives it away in the reviews, so that you are forced to go to find out for yourself 🙂