Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds also offers two of Walt Disney World’s most loved dinner shows Mickey’s Backyard Barbecue and Hoop De Do Musical Revue. Mickey’s Backyard BBQ is a buffet and character show with character meet and greets. The food is what you would find at an all American backyard bbq- hamburgers, hot dogs, barbecue chicken and the like. The characters are decked out in their most casual summer BBQ clothes! Mickey and friends circulate and put on a little show for some entertainment while you enjoy this family favorite! It might be helpful to know:
- Reservations are greatly encouraged at Mickey’s Backyard BBQ. They open 180 days in advance of shows.
- Since it is a BBQ, the experience takes place in an open air pavilion.
- You can pick up your tickets at any Walt Disney World Resort, Guest Relations desk, or at the box office.
- Shows take place seasonally, and usually on Thursday and Saturdays.
- Full payment is required upon booking, but if you cancel within 48 hours of show time, you will receive a full refund.
- Even though there are characters here, they don’t visit from table to table like other character meals. They come out to dance, and mingle. Characters are usually Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Chip & Dale.
Adding the Mickey’s Backyard BBQ experience to your Disney vacation is a must! It’s a great family time, as well as food everyone will like. You can meet the characters in a relaxed atmosphere, which could be good for younger children who might shy away from them up close.
Overall, we give this Disney dining experience an “A+”.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!