Disney’s and Cabins offers a very affordable option for staying at Walt Disney World. The campgrounds and cabins are located very close to the Magic Kingdom-in fact, you have to pass through the Magic Kingdom gates to get to them! The cabins are a great options for families of more than five. They will sleep up to six guests. The cabins are equipped with a double bed, a set of bunks, and a Murphy style bed. Also, the cabins have a fully equipped kitchen-adn the best part, is that Mousekeeping will visit and clean up after you! Some things to keep in mind when staying at the Fort Wilderness Campground and Cabins:
- Transportation to Magic Kingdom is by bus or boat. To get to the other Disney parks and Downtown Disney, you’ll want to board a Disney bus.
- The cabins are equipped with just about everything you will need-plates, silverware, baking dishes, pots and pans, cups, napkins, paper towels, trash bags…you name it, it’s there. All you really need to bring is food!
- It’s not a bad idea to rent a golf cart if staying here. You can park your vehicle right outside your cabin, though. Since the camping area is so vast, renting a golf cart to get to the main building or bus stops is a good idea.
- There are several comfort stations located throughout the campground. You’ll find showers, ice machines, and other services at the comfort stations.
- Camping sites are set up to accomodate a variety of RV sizes, tents, and smaller campers. Make sure you notify Disney of the size of your camper when making your reservation.
Since it’s a camping area, there are plenty of recreation options! You will have no problem spending a day designated to your resort here at the
- Take a Trail Ride. These are offered several times a day, weather permitting.
- Chip and Dale’s Campfire Sing a Long occurs almost nightly at the campground. Chip and Dale arrive, and sing songs with the crowd. You can even roast hot dogs or indulge in some s’mores!
- Nightly wagon rides and private carriage rides are also a great way to keep your family entertained. And a beautiful way to enjoy the grounds of Fort Wilderness.
- Two swimming pools-one with a 67 foot corkscrew waterside-will have your family running off steam after a fun day in the parks.
There are plenty of places to eat at theThe Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue & Mickey’s Back Yard BBQ are both special dining experiences that take place at the cabins/campground. There are also a few other restaurants: Crockett’s Tavern and Trail’s End Restaurant can be found here as well. You won’t be lacking for anything when staying at the Fort Wilderness Campground and Cabins. You will find several stores on property to supply you with anything you need-even a grocery store!
When traveling with a large family, or if you prefer to pay out of pocket for meals and want to camp at Disney, the Fort Wilderness Cabins and Campground is for you!
Overall, we give this resort an “A+”
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!