Fun-seeking families will join science fiction fans and party-goers of all ages to enter the colorful and exciting world of the upcoming Disney movie “TRON: Legacy” when “ElecTRONica,” a new, nighttime party, premiered in Disney California Adventure Park.
Combining dynamic music and dance, fun food and drink, and the computer-world environment of “TRON: Legacy,” the “ElecTRONica” festivities will take place Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights this fall, plus all week Thanksgiving week, Nov. 19 – 28, and nightly during the Christmas vacation period Friday, Dec. 17, through Sunday, Jan 2. “ElecTRONica” is expected to continue through mid-to-late April 2011.
[For more pictures see below]
“ElecTRONica” will be a dynamic addition to the nighttime entertainment lineup at Disneyland Resort, which also includes nightly performances of the popular “World of Color” spectacular on Paradise Bay in Disney California Adventure.
Value-minded vacationers can see “ElecTRONica” and celebrate Halloween Time with a special travel offer this fall. Clients will enjoy a *$300 savings on a four-day, four-night Disneyland Resort vacation package at any Disneyland Resort hotel if booked between now and Dec. 1, 2010. The package features hotel accommodations and park hopper tickets for travel through Dec. 16, 2010. For clients seeking a hotel room-only offer, Disneyland Resort features great savings this fall at any three of its on-site deluxe hotels. For more information and to book, travel agents can call (800) 854-3104 or book online at www.disneytravelagents.com.
The “ElecTRONica” adventure will begin in Sunshine Plaza at a “TRON”-themed stage where an evening music, video and dance show will welcome clients and prepare them to enter the world of TRON.
When the high-powered Sun Plaza welcoming show has concluded, the party will transition into Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Clients will pass through an “ElecTRONica” archway to a street alive with a computerized color grid. There, they will have the sensation of being digitized and transported into the computer mainframe world of “TRON: Legacy.” Among the highlights:
- Buildings in Hollywood Pictures Backlot will be mapped with “TRON: Legacy” images. Light cycles will zoom across the building facades, while other dynamic images from the film fill the street.
- Before entering the studio area, clients will pass under the iconic Recognizer, the vigilant sentry on the lookout for unclassified “Programs” in the digital world of “TRON: Legacy.” With smoke and lights emanating from it, this ever-watchful vehicle seems to hover above the ground as it scans those who pass below.
- At the center of the party is a DJ platform, complete with a laser beam beckoning clients of all ages to the fun. Here, professional DJs will keep the energy going with electronic party music while dancers costumed as “Sirens” and “Programs” from the movie rock out at locations throughout the party.
- Also appearing on the Backlot Stage adjoining the dance floor will be Laserman, a performer who does amazing tricks to music with impressive lasers and light.
- Near the dance floor, clients will find a re-creation of Flynn’s Video Arcade, a key location in the adventure of “TRON: Legacy.” At Flynn’s, gamers will shoot for the highest scores as they enjoy classic 1980s arcade games. Outside the Arcade, clients will be able to play the unreleased “TRON: Evolution” video games for popular home consoles, and take part in a nightly tournament. The new video games, which feature the iconic light cycles and light discs in stories that bridge the gap between the two TRON films, will be released on December 7.
- Clients will get an extended glimpse of the upcoming film at “TRON: Legacy, Exclusive 3D Sneak Peek” (presented in the venue which, by day, houses Muppet*Vision 3D). The 3D preview has special effects exclusive to this theater.
- Clients will be able to purchase food from a specially-themed food truck, along with glowing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at the End of Line Club, inspired by an iconic new location in the world of “TRON: Legacy.”